Do all ford windstars have top tether anchors?

christineka

Not sure what year the windstar in question is. Are there some without the top tether anchors? I remember the windstar has weird anchors and instructions, right? Under the back of the bench and hook upside down? Any spots without anchors?

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I do recall that the manual has a pretty good image of how the tether hook is to be attached. If only my new LATCH manual was here- I lost my old one :-(

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Right, rotate the tether hook 1/2 twist to attach it in the Windstar models, and also in the Freestar minivan which replaced the Windstar in Ford's product lineup for the '04-07 model years.

'95-98 model year Windstars have factory equipped tether anchors in the second row only under the bottom of the seat in bench seating, and on the rear crossbar of the seat supports in bucket seating. The '95-98 models are retrofittable in the third row outboard spots using part YF2Z-15613D74-A in predrilled holes in the bottom of the seat cushion's rear cross member (for free through Ford Program R7C in the U.S.)

'99 and newer Windstars ('99-03 models) have tether anchors in all rear seating positions, with the same locations as the second row info. above for the '95-98 models, and the third row tether anchors are located on the bottom of the seat cushion.

The Windstar's newer replacement, the '04-07 Ford Freestar minivan, has top tether anchors in each second row position but the third row has a top tether only in the center position, and the tether anchors are located on the bottom rear of the seatback.

All Windstars and Freestars also have a tether anchor on the front passenger seat if it's a manually adjustable seat, but not if it's a power adjustable front passenger seat.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC