Which seats/boosters require vehicle seat back support?

mommycat

Hey all,

I am doing up a flyer to hang out at daycare/school and wanted to say something about having low seat backs and no head support, then mention that Dorel seats/boosters needing head support, so I am fact checking.

- do any other boosters/seats except Dorel require headrests/seatback at this time?
- are there any Dorel seats now that do not have that requirement?

I will of course mention that you always need to read the manual.

Thanks,
Cat

Last edited:
ADS

Pixels

Dorel is the only one that I've ever seen require vehicle support. Don't forget that while we know the other names for Dorel, the average parent doesn't, so you should list off their brands for your flyer.

Dorel seats that can be used rear facing (convertibles and 3-in-1s) don't need vehicle head support.

twinsmom

The Maxi Cosi Rodi XR requires head support (although I think Dorel might be the parent company of Maxi Cosi?) Anyway, it is a great booster. I could never understand why it's never recommended here - maybe the head support is the reason.:confused:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Maxi Cosi is a Dorel brand like you figured/suspected. So are Eddie Bauer, Safety 1st, and Cosco. :)

mommycat

I looked it up on TRU's website, it appears we do have the Rodi.

How does that do as a booster aside from the headrest requirement?

Also, for a short list of seats that tend to get good booster fit, I ususally think Parkway/Monterey/TB and Nauti/Frontier/Maestro. Am I off on any of those? Missing any? (should I be listing the Oobr, for example? Should I stay away from a list of examples at all?)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC