Nautilus Install - PICS - Does it fit?

nmb

DH bought a new truck yesterday, traded in his car (let me not get started on how I feel about that one):mad: -- I don't think the Nautilus is gonna work well in it but maybe I'm being paranoid - it only barely fits and I'm not sure about the "100% on the seat" part. The front of the truck seat curves downward just slightly, and the Nautilus is kinda right on the part that starts curving. Is it ok like this or does it need to be 100% touching the seat? Or am I just being paranoid?;)
Also the buckle stalk twisted does not want to lay flat, it tries to untwist. If it's untwisted all the way it is at the edge of the belt path. Not sure about part way...did this quickly in freezing rain yesterday (after he me me w/ the buckle untwisted). DH has the truck now -- can try further when he gets home -- but if it's ok I'll leave it. All in pictures.
http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/nmb_01/Nautilus in Ram/

Last edited:
ADS

Pixels

I think the "overhang" is fine, because it's still over the seat.

You don't need to twist down the stalk nearly that much. It's not zero twists or three twists, it's however many you need to get the buckle off the edge of the belt path, up to three. If you twisted it less, it wouldn't be trying so much to untwist.

nmb

Ok, so it sounds like I am just being paranoid then. Kinda thought it's ok but wasn't sure, figured it can't hurt to ask. I'll try to adjust the buckle stalk tonight. =) Thanks!

luckyclov

The "overhang" doesn't really look like overhang to me because it's still over the vehicle seat. Maybe try untwisting your buckle stalk once-ish, like already suggested, would help with the stalk's "need" to untwist. :)

flipper68

Senior Community Member
How about just sliding the seat closer to the buckle? If it rest against the seat, it won't twist.

Also, double check the top tether directions. I'm not familiar with Dodge, but in Ford pickups, you run the tether through the loop behind the seat and clip it on the loop next door.

nmb

How about just sliding the seat closer to the buckle? If it rest against the seat, it won't twist.

Also, double check the top tether directions. I'm not familiar with Dodge, but in Ford pickups, you run the tether through the loop behind the seat and clip it on the loop next door.

The middle of the truck seat is more narrow than the side seat areas, so if we slide it closer to the buckle it'll overhang the seat. We just undid one twist and it's better.
And you're absolutely right about the top tether. Hadn't thought about it but read through the truck manual yesterday (just the carseat part, you know, the important stuff ;) ) and saw that, we've fixed it now though. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC