Reiker pictures... FPSIV, SS1, AngelGuard

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
ReikerSS1a.jpg

ReikerSS1b.jpg

This seat just barely fits him, there isn't too much more room that I could actually tighten him down.

Reiker3ptSIV.jpg

This is the seat we are currently using.

AngelGuard1.jpg

AngelGuard2.jpg

Limits on this carbed are 9lb and 20", so he's right at the limit lengthwise, I took one picture with him flat on his back, and the other is with the harness moved so that he's laying on his side (both allowable), you can also use it with the child laying on their stomach, but I wasn't going to try it with him since he's really almost too big for this seat.

He's right around 7lbs and he's still wearing Preemie clothing.

I also have a Combi Tyro that he can NOT use right now...the infant insert was lost in our move and without it the harness does not tighten anywhere near enough around him. I ordered a new one from Combi but it hasn't arrived yet.

ADS

cryswilkins

He is so tiny! Its hard to believe that my DD was that small. Too bad about the Combi, we used ours from day one and Zoe was about 7lbs 5oz at discharge. She fit in it really well.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Way cute! Why the 3 pt SIV and not the 5 pt?

Because I'm lazy and I haven't dug it out of the garage yet...:whistle: ...it's behind the 4wheeler & riding lawnmower and the push mower and the snowblower...and I'd have to climb over all that stuff...

Ok, maybe I'll go dig it out...since DH said the same thing the other day. ;)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Because I'm lazy and I haven't dug it out of the garage yet...:whistle: ...it's behind the 4wheeler & riding lawnmower and the push mower and the snowblower...and I'd have to climb over all that stuff...

Ok, maybe I'll go dig it out...since DH said the same thing the other day. ;)

ROFL! No, LAZY is not what you are... BUSY is what you are! The three pt fits really well, though, so I wouldn't be sweating it, I was just being nosey. :whistle:

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
ROFL! No, LAZY is not what you are... BUSY is what you are! The three pt fits really well, though, so I wouldn't be sweating it, I was just being nosey. :whistle:

Yeah, I wasn't too worried about it...I remembered when I tried Reigan in them that she actually fit better in the 3pt for a while when she was teeny than she did in the 5pt because the shoulder straps kept sliding off her shoulders.

Ahzryn

I actually think he fits better in the SS1 than he does in the 3pt SIV! If I had to choose between the two I'd go SS1 all the way, that's an excellent fit on such a small baby. But, a 5 point SIV vs. the SS1 may be a different story.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I actually think he fits better in the SS1 than he does in the 3pt SIV! If I had to choose between the two I'd go SS1 all the way, that's an excellent fit on such a small baby. But, a 5 point SIV vs. the SS1 may be a different story.

He does fit really well in it, but the problem is that it's a royal pain in the rear to put him in/out of it all the time. The chest clip is as big as his arm, and the buckle is as big as his belly so all that big plastic junk is just a big pain in the rear. No matter what you do with it, it's just in the way. :thumbsdown:

It wouldn't be bad if I only went somewhere a couple times a week, but I have to drive my oldest to/from school M-F, and my 2nd oldest to/from pre-school on T&TH as well, which makes for at least 4-6 trips in/out of the seat on T&TH which is way too much work. The SIV is just much easier to use right now, and that has to be taken into consideration too when I've got 4 kids that I'm buckling in/out everytime we go anywhere.

Last edited:

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I like the SS! too, but why the rolled blanket around the head?

Because it helps position his head better than the headhugger that came with the seat...the one that came with the seat is oddly pretty flat, unlike the ones that come with the SnugRide.

Last edited:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Oh my gosh! He is SO cute!!!!!

It is so funny to see a larger baby in the carbed. The last time I saw one used was with a teeny, tiny, little baby who had several inches of room in the bed. It is so different to see a bigger baby!

Reiker is adorable!!!!!!!!!

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Sorry, just learned in our class that the rolled towels go on the sides, not around the head.

rolled towels can go all around...sides, crotch strap and head

...at least that was what I was taught in my tech class back in '04...

plus, no matter what, it's got to be better than using one of those big, puffy aftermarket headhuggers that get attached to the harness straps that we all know are a big, fat no-no

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC