Soooo I finally have a MyRide in my Beetle in the garage...ha

Soooo I finally have a MyRide in my Beetle in the garage...ha Pics added :)

It's about as close as it could possibly be to not fitting but it totally fits without touching the sides of the car! - um, by about 2mm :rolleyes: if that makes sense haha.

I took pics because I want it looked at. I'm not using it yet/at all... I missed BRU because I left the house at 9:26 :rolleyes: so I couldn't try it in the parking lot. As much as I hate buying this and possibly returning it, I might... I guess if Target would let you try their display models I wouldn't have to buy/try/return so I'm not going to feel bad.

Anyways... I haven't tried it RFing yet and I'm too tired to do it now but I'll try it in the morning. When FFing you don't have to have it reclined on the grey things right? if so, it's completely incompatible because it would be like 8 inches off the seat lol. I'm thinking the way I have it is fine-(didn't read the manual yet) it's rock solid and about 99% as solid as I can get a Britax. I am happy with the install and I think there's a good chance of me using this for Ryan but I'm also really considering a Radian. I got this is tighter though... I like the way it's rock solid and was quick to install. The Radian took several attempts to get tight enough and it still wasn't this tight even with all my body weight. Sure, there wasn't more than an inch at the belt path but I don't like the way it wasn't 100% solid.

I'll throw up pictures now if anyone wants to/needs to see a MyRide in a Beetle :rolleyes:...just let me know.

Last edited:
ADS
Ok... I'm just posting a bunch. I was trying to show the gap under the seat that I wasn't sure about :confused: You can see by the first picture just *how* close it was! it wasn't touching at all and I can just fit my hand in the tiny gap between the seat and the side of the car. This is why I had always thought the MyRide wouldn't fir FFing... It's wide and the way the car sides come in made me thing it may not fit. I was pleasantly surprised that it did :eek:

017.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

010.jpg

009-1.jpg

001.jpg

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Oh wow, it's really floating isn't it? I think I'd try asking the heaviest male person I know to help me compress. (Male because he'd be less likely to be offended.) :whistle:

TerisBoys

IMO, you may want to keep the Radian simply because it sits lower/further back.

There's not a whole lot of legroom or head excursion room back there. I'd be making the most of it.

And yes, I think those feet DO have to touch the seat.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I would send the third pic from the side (where you can clearly see how it's floating) to Graco and ask their opinion. IIRC, people have been given different answers on the feet touching.

If you recline it down, does it interfere with the sides of the car? Is that why it won't fit with the feet touching the seat?

monstah

Oh wow, it's really floating isn't it? I think I'd try asking the heaviest male person I know to help me compress. (Male because he'd be less likely to be offended.) :whistle:

Ahahaha :p

Sorry I have nothing insightful to add because I'm not familiar with this MyRide problem. But it looks cute! I love green. My DH is gets annoyed because I want to paint every wall green. :p

The seats will not compress any more- they are suuuuper firm. This is why the CCO RFing will never work and I sold it to my friend. If the feat have to be touching the seat then this seat will not fit. It seems that the width won't be a problem- the front f the seat will be several inches off of the front of the vehicle seat and no matter how far forward I put the passenger seat- there will be zero leg room for Ryan if that makes sense?

I was hoping this seat would work because he still sleeps in the car daily...he's almost 4 but is in full time school and often naps on the way home or if we're out for the day he'll fall asleep quickly on the way home- he needs it and it just looks nice and comfy for sleeping... it's also of course a great price and available at Target. The Nautilus does fit in my car- not *quite* as tight as this, or the Britax but it is acceptable and there is no movement at the belt path when I try tomove it with one hand and not more than 1cm if I really *try* to move it... I just really wanted a convertible so that I had the option to use it for all the kids if needed.

I have to go switch out seats and pick up some kids but later on I'll put it back in and give it a try RFing and share the pictures for you all. I have no idea what to expect! I'll also install it with the feet touching so you can see what I mean. It looks like the search is narrowed down to the Radian... oh darn, now I *actually* have a real reason to buy one and it's not so much just a "want" anymore :whistle:

autumnlily

Have you tried removing the vehicle headrest? I'm curious if that would allow you to pull the seat down a little (without creating overhang)...

As cute as the two seats are together... I'm on the train of thought that you could you get a more compatible seat and one that does keep the children further from the passenger seat.

Good try though :eek:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I've got a thread on here about my frustrations with it being incompatible FF in my vehicle (it sits off the seat like your does) and Graco has told me that those feet need to touch the seat and that the front can't hang off the edge. Graco was supposed to be testing a FF install in my vehicle and getting back to me, this was back in May I think and they've never gotten back to me. :rolleyes:

zeo2ski

The Nautilus does fit in my car- ...I just really wanted a convertible so that I had the option to use it for all the kids if needed.

I haven't seen your other threads about the Radian's fit, but I'm a little confused on this--do you have another car? I don't see how you could fit a RF radian in there, which is the only reason for getting a convertible instead of a Nautilus. Unless you've already tried and succeeded at getting a Radian RF...

StPaulMom

Have you tried removing the vehicle headrest? I'm curious if that would allow you to pull the seat down a little (without creating overhang)...

As cute as the two seats are together... I'm on the train of thought that you could you get a more compatible seat and one that does keep the children further from the passenger seat.

Good try though :eek:
:yeahthat:

I don't think I should remove the headrest plus- they don't stick out much at all...it wouldn't make a difference. The other thing is that the headrests are different from a regular vehicle because they are actually like covers that pop off- there are pop up roll bars under them so I'm not messing with them and I wouldn't want to push a car seat up against a steel roll bar.

My car is deceiving- all seats seem to fit really well RFing...it's FFing that I have issues. The only seat to date that I would not use RFing in my car was the CCO surprisingly enough. Even with the recline block it was a no go and I was nowhere near comfortable with the install.

If the MyRide feet have to be on the seat I'm not even entertaining keeping it because a) I don't think it's compatible and b) even if I can get it installed safely without it hanging way off the seat, there will be zero leg room for the child.

I never expected this seat to fit great but I was totally expecting it to be a width problem- not this. But hey, now we know that the MyRide is pretty safe to label as more or less incompatible with a Beetle or at least not the best choice. I am going to go put it back in now and *try* to install with the feet touching the seat and I will also install RFing for the sake of this thread and for future reference for people. I have no idea how it will fit. I'll go do that now and then I'm off to return it.

I'll post the pictures when I get home later.... Even if it fits, it's going to be too tight for my liking and I'll be happier with the Radian because of the weight limits, life span, shell height/strap slots and because it will provide the kids with much more leg room/sitting further back/lower. It will primarily be used FFing- probably 90% of the time but if I do a Nauti- it will only be good for Ryan... I did try the XTSL RFing and it seemed to work but I was more interested in the FFing fit which would be it's primary use so I didn't really go into too much depth with the RFing install. I'll check it again this week if I am out by that store and I'll take pictures.

Thanks for all the input so far :eek:

StPaulMom

What does your vehicle manual say about removing the head rests? I know it may not seem like they stick out much, or that it would make a difference, but there are seats that I've tried to install FF in my car and others that totally should have fit but just *didnt*- they had that gap and seemed incompatible. Until I raised the headrests to give enough clearance or removed it all together. That little bit of "bump" can make all the difference.
I'd at least try adjusting the headrest or removing it and reinstalling the seat. If it doesnt make a difference, then you'll run into the same issue and you'll know for sure it's a true compatibility issue. :twocents:

What does your vehicle manual say about removing the head rests? I know it may not seem like they stick out much, or that it would make a difference, but there are seats that I've tried to install FF in my car and others that totally should have fit but just *didnt*- they had that gap and seemed incompatible. Until I raised the headrests to give enough clearance or removed it all together. That little bit of "bump" can make all the difference.
I'd at least try adjusting the headrest or removing it and reinstalling the seat. If it doesnt make a difference, then you'll run into the same issue and you'll know for sure it's a true compatibility issue. :twocents:

The headrest isn't a solid piece like other cars- it's just a slipcover for this metal thing- It's hard to describe and yes, I'd have to pull out the manual because a car seat touching that metal part would likely be a no no because it's a safety feature... jamming something up against it would possibly stop it from performing in an accident or would possibly injust a child in the seat. I really don't know- I'm guessing you're not supposed to mess with them though. I'll check when I get time.

Mae

What is underneath the MR? In the fourth picture down, it looks like there's a noodle under there ... ? It actually kind of looks like fingers. :eek:

Splash

That is the most ridiculous backseat I have ever seen. I would actually laugh if it came at me in a check. Not because it's a bad car, or bad seats, just because it looks so bizarre with than honkin' seat and this rinky little booster in this weird, tiny little spot.

haha yep it's a funny little back seat but some seats fit very well... actually the Turbo is one of them- it's not too bad. Evenflo boosters do not fit. Now maybe you all see why I love Britax convertibles....they fit soo perfectly in that little square area :eek:

By the way guys...I'm STILL at home...guess why-

My car is dead in the garage- why? you might ask... WELL I put the top down to get better RFing shots for you of the MyRide and when I did that I didn't turn the car on but had to put the keys in the ignition real quick for the top to go down. Yeah, well in the time I spent installing and taking pictures for no reason than for you all to see- my damn car died because I left the key turned slightly in the ignition :mad:

Oh well, VW roadside will be here in 2 minutes but seriously, one more huge flashing sign saying "GET THE HECK OF CAR-SEAT.ORG AND DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE YOU IDIOT!"

Sigh... Now to get the odd looks from the roadside guy when he sees that I have all these strollers and seats but no kids. I hate people that don't know me seeing my garage! I must look like such a weirdo...:rolleyes:

HayleyCPST

Awwww...Taylor! Is the Buggy ok?

I'd also like to see the pics of the Radian RF....I'm still trying to help my friend get a convertible for her baby. She currently has Crystal's Scenera!

Does the MR work RF?? Pics?

ETA:
What is underneath the MR? In the fourth picture down, it looks like there's a noodle under there ... ? It actually kind of looks like fingers. :eek:
It looks like a sweater to me. Maybe she just was showing that it doesn't touch.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC