car manual says to remove head rest...

RYLANSMOM

I have my sons gn installed with the latch. My manual says to remove the head rest. I followed the directions and even had. My fiance try. The head rest will not remove! I pushed the button in and pulled up...and it will adjust up and back down bit will not remove. Am I doing something wrong? Is it ok to leave it on? I tried the other side of the car and that one won't remove either. The seat fits wells and is tightened well so I believe its safe..but the manual says to remove..and I can't!

ADS

violets_mommy

I'm curious about this. I have just gotten a GN and I have this same vehicle. My head rest comes out. Didn't know we are supposed to. Is this only with latch?

kae

I had a 2005 Ford Escape and it said to remove the headrest for FF car seat installs. The headrest in my car came out easily though. I pushed the button on the side and pulled straight up.
Also while forward facing ford requires to twist the tether hook a half of a twist.

RYLANSMOM

I didn't know about the half twist for latch. I don't recall reading that in my manual. I will read the manual again. I will also try the head rest again.

Stresch

The tether anchors are kind of backward in the Escape, so giving it a half twist makes you put the hook over the anchor properly. I don't know if that makes any sense.

My 2006 Escape head rests come off very easily.

RYLANSMOM

On my ford escape, the latch hooks rotate. I have three on the roof of my car and they all swivel. So do I need to twist? I will take a pic of it and post it when I can. Are they not suppossed to swivel? I never knew all these rules! My car manual is lacking a lot of this information, and if this is true why is it not in the manual?

Stresch

You do need to twist because they are on the ceiling, so above the seat instead of on a console or the floor and below the seat. If you don't rotate, you are coming in upside down. So you want the opening of the hook to be facing up and hooking over the anchor rather than opening down and hooking between the anchor and the ceiling.

Mine rotate, too. I always push them around so they are closest to the seat and then hook it on. Otherwise, it will rotate and introduce slack. I don't know if that really matters, but that's what I do.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC