The nubby buckle in sienna 3rd row

christineka

The seatbelt for the middle seat, third row comes from the ceiling and buckles down into a rigid thing in the seat before going over the lap and bucking into the buckle. This "nubby thing" as I call it, folds down into the crack of the seat (for non-use) or comes up. Is it okay to have this nubby thing in the "down" position with a booster on top of it, and the seatbelt wrapping around and used with the booster?

Otherwise, dd3 will end up going rear-facing again.

ADS

christineka

Due to the taut buckle when the radian is installed, the bodyguard still doesn't fit if it can't sit on the seatbelt anchor. I may have to put ds in the back in a radian.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
If I understand you correctly, you mean that the "nubby" buckle will be in use by the booster that is sitting on top of it? Can you get a pic? I don't think I'd do it, but it's hard to say without seeing it.

christineka

The nubby up.
siennanubby1.jpg

The nubby down
siennanubby2.jpg

The booster on top of the nubby
siennanubby3.jpg

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Yeah, I think so too. My concern from your description was that in a crash it might pop up to the "out" position and introduce slack in the belt, but it doesn't seem to be any different than the buckle stalks in my car (they tilt back & forth a bit on a fixed stalk, similar to yours but different angles).

Chameleon

I would not advise using the booster over that portion of the shoulder and lap belt buckle. When it is in the down position it is in the "storage" position. Having the same vehicle as the OP I can't say that I would have a booster over this part of the seat belt. It creates a lot of slack in the lap belt when putting it down.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC