April Anniversary for Car-Seat.Org

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Thank you all for helping make it six years online as THE independent forum for child passenger safety topics. Our Car-Safety.Org website and Car-Seat.Org forum began in early April of 2001. Our forums moved from ezBoard in January of 2003, as we outgrew their increasingly unreliable servers. Growth in the last 1.5 years has been phenomenal compared to the previous years. We now have close to 2000 members, almost a third of which log in at least every month. Around 250 registered community members visit on any given day.

At any given moment, we may have up to 500 people using our forums to both teach and learn how to protect children from motor vehicle crashes, their #1 killer. About 2500 unique visitors come to our forums each day and view around 35,000 pages of information. The statistics report nearly 200,000 hits now on a daily basis. Our database now has over 100,000 searchable posts on child passenger safety related topics.

A typical day sees 50 new threads and 500 new posts. That was an incredibly busy month for us a just a few years ago! In fact, the Car-Seat.Org forums have finally caught up to our Car-Safety.Org website in terms of visitors, page views and "hits". In part, this is due to our thriving community of great parents who share information on car seats and on other child related topics as well!

Just for fun, here are the 10 top key phrases from March of 2007 from major search engine referrals (With Google being about 75% of those referrals) to these forums. These change from month to month to some extent. For example, in January, three of the top 10 were permutations of "Baby Trend adjustable back flex-loc", presumably due to the recent review from Consumer Reports.

Anyway, here they are:

10) fisher price safe voyage
9) car seat forum
8) car seat safety forum
7) safeguard go
6) car-seat.org
5) car seat
4) car seat safety
3) www.car-seat.org
2) car seat reviews
1) britax regent

Car-Seat.Org remains free of any fees, subscriptions, advertisements or pop-ups in 2007. Registration is not required to ask a question that may save a child's life! For all the other features added for 2007, please see the sticky thread in this forum http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=5 .

We greatly appreciate all the time and effort that our registered user community has put into making our forums a popular destination for visitors looking for a place to get the important information that they need. Thank you again for coming to ask questions about the biggest danger to your child. Also, a great thanks to those who spend countless hours here, volunteering to answer these questions for parents and caregivers! As part of our improvements for 2007, we hope to repay our senior community members with a series of planned chat sessions in our new live chat room with various manufacturer's representatives and experts in the child passenger safety community. For our certified child passenger safety technicians, some of these events will earn CEU credit for re-certification, as did the first one of the series in January.

Have a safe summer driving season from the Car-Seat.Org Admins and Moderators!

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad this incredible resource exists! :D

groovymom2000

Wow--6 years! I remember the very early days, when you might have to wait quite a while to get an answer to a question...now it's fast, fast, fast! :) This is THE resource online that I point people to. THanks a lot!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Also, a great thanks to those who spend countless hours here, volunteering to answer these questions for parents and caregivers!
YES, thank you!!!!!!! You guys are great!!!!

As part of our improvements for 2007, we hope to repay our senior community members with a series of planned chat sessions in our new live chat room with various manufacturer's representatives and experts in the child passenger safety community.

Wow!!!!!!! Cool!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

JaRylan

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I love car-safety.org and car-seat.org. I learn something new everyday and pass the links on whenever I get the chance (I even make up chances just so I can pass it on, lol). The volunteer hours that are put in each and every day answering questions is truely astounding.

Thought you might enjoy reading the message from the 1st anniversary of car-safety.org and car-seat.org. I found it when I looked at the snapshot that Darren provided.

Subject: Happy Birthday, Car-Safety.Org and Car-Seat.Org
Posted By: carsafety ezOP
Posted At: 4/9/02 7:19:32 pm
The websites are 1 year old this week (But will continue rear-facing as long as possible!).

Thanks to everyone who has helped along the way, and to all the parents who post and email support!

Some data:

Over the last 6 months or so, Car-Safety.Org has averaged between 2000 and 2500 unique visitors each week. Car-Seat.Org has averaged between 500 and 1000 unique visitors each week. The Carseat forum is also starting to pick up, and has averaged about 4 posts a day in the last month. Please pass the word along; the more questions we get, the more lurking parents we can help with answers!

Simplysomething

I tried to respond to this thread a minute ago and got the "cannot find server" errror. Which annoyed me.

Six years is a very long time on the internet!

Congratulations :)

ETA:
I am reading the archived forums---and notice many of the questions are exactly the same. Can LATCH lower anchors be retrofitted, what about rear-facing beyond a year, the best booster....etc.

Though, I shouldn't be surprised, I have a bunch of the same questions with both of my kids. lol

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
Happy Birthday Car-Seat.org!!! It is really nice to be apart of such a well run and well respected forum. I have learned a lot and know where to go when I have questions come up. Thank you Darren and our Mods for all you do to keep it a pleasant and informative place to be car seat geeks... :)
Car Seat Geeks Unite!!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC