Convertible With Most Leg Room?

Chely7425

I am dreaming about what car seat(s) I can get when we finally get our van... and I am thinking about convertibles for my now 13 month old. He is currently in a Scenera, but we are going to upgrade when we get the van. Which convertibles has high shells and leg room? He is tall and skinnier.

I also think my oldest son will go FF when we get the van, he doesn't have a lot of room weight wise in his convertible. We have a Nautilus for him to use, but as a shorter chunky kid will it fit him well as a booster?

ADS

Chely7425

Your daughter is so cooperative!! It looks like the MyRide and EFTA and TFP all have pretty good leg room... we currently have a Scenera and a CA and the CA doesn't have a ton of leg room at all... or at least not in my car!

NannyMom

The CA is not on the top of my list for legroom (though it is high on the list for other things). Evenflo seats I've noticed have a ton. THe EFTA did, so the Momentum does too, I'm sure. My daughter is now 3yes, 10mos and rides rear facing in the True Fit Premier everyday. I love the legroom it has. I even had my 9 year old sit in it, she had plenty of room to "sit like a pretzel" and be comfy. Every weekend, I drive DH's car and my 3 year old uses the EFTA. I'm still awed by the legroom there too :) But....if the Radian installed well in the center of my van, that'd be the seat I used.

Chely7425

Yeah, we are most likely getting a Sienna so I want things that will install well in that. I am not buying seats till AFTER we have a new car though so don't make my life difficult :D

NannyMom

Well then forget the EFTA because of the knobs ;) The Radian works ok outboard, but not center (in an 8 passenger). I love my TF Premier both center and outboard :) I like the My Ride outboard, because if it's in the center, I can't flip the outboard seats for 3rd row access.

Katy

I can't speek for the other seats, but my DS1 never complained about his legs RF in a XTSL. He was a few weeks shy of 6 when he outgrew it by height. He did ride FF for several years before we got the XTSL and asked to be RF like his little bro.:) He now says his legs and feet hurt FF on really long trips and wishes I could get him a bigger RF seat...lol

Chely7425

Well then forget the EFTA because of the knobs ;) The Radian works ok outboard, but not center (in an 8 passenger). I love my TF Premier both center and outboard :) I like the My Ride outboard, because if it's in the center, I can't flip the outboard seats for 3rd row access.

Good to know!! The TFP comes in some REALLY cute patterns too!! I think I want 2 RF seats in the center (driver and center) and to be able to flip the passenger 2nd row seat up and out of the way for backseat access for my oldest... or 2 oldest in 3rd row (one FF and one RF) and the baby in the middle seat...

Chely7425

I can't speek for the other seats, but my DS1 never complained about his legs RF in a XTSL. He was a few weeks shy of 6 when he outgrew it by height. He did ride FF for several years before we got the XTSL and asked to be RF like his little bro.:) He now says his legs and feet hurt FF on really long trips and wishes I could get him a bigger RF seat...lol

That is so cute! I just flipped my 2 year old back around and he very proudly tells me "Yook mommy!! I sitting yike da baby!!!"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC