Turbobooster screws??

Mommy0608

I did a search on here and found out what size they are. DH stopped at the store to pick some up for me, and apparently there are two different thread counts (not sure what that's called exactly)... either 24 or 32. The store was out of 24, so he got 32. Does it matter?? I didn't find this information in the search. If anyone knows off hand, that would be great... if not, can someone count the threads on their TB screws for me? I'd really appreciate it!

Also, the pack he got comes with nuts also... those aren't needed, are they? Just the screws, right? Oh, and they had round or flat head. He bought round. Didn't figure that would matter.

Thanks!! I'm going to a check tomorrow, and planned to distribute these to the instructors, so I want to make sure I have the right thing.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Do you have a TB you can take screws out of and match them? I got a visual match, that's what I do. Or can you take them to Target or Kmart or somewhere with a display (ours always has the bag with screw, adjuster and instructions chucked on the shelf behind the seat?)

Mommy0608

I don't have access to a TB, otherwise yes, I'd take my own apart. I told a few people I'd be bringing these to the check tomorrow, and don't have time to go to the store tonight unfortunately. :(

mamabear

my TB screws are round head.

I would think the thread difference wouldn't really matter, but I guess if it goes in weird you'll know.:p

No, you don't need the nuts.

Can you use the ones you have and call Graco for replacements in the meantime??

ETA:Oh I see you need them for tomorrow.....DD is at a playdate with her TB right now. I'll have it back in a few hours and can look for you if no one else has the answer by then

Mommy0608

Okay apparently it might not mean 32 threads on it. I just counted 23 threads. I'm thinking the number 32 on the package might mean 32 threads per inch, and the screw is 3/4 inches long. DH said that the other screws that said 24 on the pack did have noticeably fewer threads.

On the package he bought, it says Machine screws, 10-32x3/4". The post I read on here said that the TB screws are machine screws, #10, 3/4" phillips head.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh man, I'm doing a huge check tomorrow and just realized I should have some of these. Sigh.

<sorry for the hijack>

Jennifer mom to my 7

Turbo screw pics, because I have nothing better to do with my life...

turboscrew2.jpg

turboscrew1.jpg

Directly out of my turbo:D

monstah

Does this help? I got them today from Graco. :thumbsup:

turbo.jpg

And can I add that it's odd Graco only lets you order 3 screws at a time. Shouldn't it be 2? Or 4? So I ordered 3 and after those came, I ordered 3 again and a manual. But awesome that they don't charge.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hey, could you (uh, I posted this before I saw anyone posted after Crunchy did, so any 'you' that wants to bother for me...) share the serial number or mfg date and model number so we have something to enter in the shopping site? tia!

crunchierthanthou

Hey, could you (uh, I posted this before I saw anyone posted after Crunchy did, so any 'you' that wants to bother for me...) share the serial number or mfg date and model number so we have something to enter in the shopping site? tia!

mine is model 1757863 man 07/03/2009. :)

and I saw this and went back out to the garage before you added your qualifier, so I just automatically assume everyone is talking to me.

eta: the part number you need is HW8E22. I don't see where you can add that to the cart directly, but may be helpful for anyone who prefers to order by phone.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

You can find the model number at gracobaby.com by looking at the Turbo pictures. I asked their CS rep the same thing last time I called. She couldn't figure out why I wanted screws for a seat I didn't own. I ordered three and immediately turned around and ordered three more. I gave two out today.

Wendy

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, Wendy, but that's more work than begging someone to tell me what to do... :D (good tip for others who want to know, though, thanks! :))

Mommy0608

Thank you so much for the help!! I truly appreciate everyone taking the time to help me figure this out. :thumbsup:

On the downside, I have the wrong screws. :( Has anyone bought these from a hardware store before? DH got this 100 pack at Lowe's. I wonder if I can find them anywhere else. Hm.

I suppose I could just order them, but I want a large quantity, and it sounds like they are only sending out a few at a time.

bubbaray

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE A STICKY (yes, I'm yelling). I bookmarked it, but just in case. Seriously, mods, could it be a sticky???

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC