News Safety 1st Vantage Harness Failure

Lena

Has anyone seen this yet? Safety 1st Vantage

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-R9nHS156s"]YouTube- Elmo is in danger! Safety First Vantage Booster Car Seat Failure![/ame]

ADS

firemomof3

Re: Has anyone seen this yet? Safety 1st Vantage

I had a newer AOE that did that. I called the manufacturer and they sent me a new seat and I shipped the malfuntioning one back to them. This is another reason to always check your seat before using it :thumbsup:

lorismurph

Senior Community Member

That makes me want to go to the store and "play" with the display models to see if they are not working also. So scary! So many people buy those (heck, I used to have one) and would never know until their kid it thrown out.

Shanora

:shock: OMG, So when do you figure they will issue a recall on this seat??? I've posted this video to my facebook...and I'm with the PP I wanna go and play with these seats....

Michael9

That is really scary. I guess the harness adjustor is not springing back after he presses it? How did these seats even make it out of qc?

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! That is scary. That is a seat that alot of people buy. Maybe someone should write this man that he needs to make some calls to Dorel & NHTSA. Just nuts.

MommyBoha

i had one of those and HATED it.. Mine worked at first then quit.

noahsmom24

:eek::eek: OMG That is crazy! I'm also wondering how these got out onto the market, that is SO scary!!

ETA: I have to make a run to Walmart in a few, I think they have this seat I'm going to make a quick stop and try to play with it to see if this happens!

noahsmom24

I had a newer AOE that did that. I called the manufacturer and they sent me a new seat and I shipped the malfuntioning one back to them. This is another reason to always check your seat before using it :thumbsup:

Yes!!

ntrenary

How do we know he's not messing with the seats because he has beef w/ Safety 1st? You can't believe everything you see on the internet. Just saying.....

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

How do we know he's not messing with the seats because he has beef w/ Safety 1st? You can't believe everything you see on the internet. Just saying.....

This was posted on the CPSPList (for technical professionals) by a CPS Instructor who verified it's true. But I still applaud your skepticality :thumbsup:

Last edited:

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor

Yikes!

We have a few of those seats available for parents at car seat checks, I guess I will be sending out an email to make sure they are inspected and tested before we distribute them.

Thank you!

ntrenary

He posted it on the CPSPList (Yahoo group for car seat professionals), too, he's a CPST-Instructor, so that's how we know (plus, this happens to lots of Dorel seats, unfortunately). But I still applaud your skepticality :thumbsup:

Thanks for clearing that up!:)

Mommy0608

WOW! :eek: I hadn't seen that. How scary! I used to get CPSPlist emails all the time but lately I haven't gotten ANY, not sure why. :confused:

So this guy is a CPST-I? Has he (or anyone else) reported this catastrophic failure? I realize it takes Dorel lightyears to do anything about it, but the reports have to start somewhere.

I think I'll post the video to my FB incase any friends have this seat, so they can check it and report any defects. Thanks for sharing this!

Mommy0608

He posted it on the CPSPList (Yahoo group for car seat professionals), too, he's a CPST-Instructor, so that's how we know (plus, this happens to lots of Dorel seats, unfortunately). But I still applaud your skepticality :thumbsup:

(Bolding mine) Can you elaborate on that, do you mean this exact failure that is demonstrated here happens to other Dorel seats too, or do you mean problems in general with various Dorel seats?

chpiper

It takes lots of reported cases and a lot of bureaucracy to get Dorel to recall anything, usually... Here's an article on another seat they just recalled, that was almost 10 years old... http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=114735

Some of us just pray a lot that no kids are injured due to these kinds of delays :eek:

Are there other companies that are quicker to recall products if they are getting reports of safety concerns? What lines of products are made by Dorel?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC