Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Community > Carseat Chat

Notices

Carseat Chat Introductions and Miscellaneous Child Passenger Safety Topics and Chat. Discuss Ratings, Laws, News, Etc. No Off-topic Discussions!

Carseat Chat is sponsored by Kids-N-Cribs.com

Old 02-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
swtgi1982
CPS Technician

swtgi1982 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorswtgi1982 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author
Quick question for you all.

What do you guys and gals all do with your extra car seat parts when you know you may need the parts for a younger child at some point (meaning like infant inserts etc) so as not to loose them?

Also anyone know if the insert that goes in the bum area of the CA is and infant insert or is to stay in all the time? Could not find in manual anywhere a mention of it even existing.
2.5yr old RF Marathon G3
Sep 30, 2014 Combi Coccoro RF

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
disbugsmomma
Carseat Crazy

disbugsmomma is a Car-Seat.org recognized contributor
Re: Quick question for you all.

Don't know about the CA thing, but all my extra inserts are on the top shelf in my coat closet.

Katie, momma to Kayleigh 5/9/2006 and Samantha 5/8/2012
disbugsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
aclayton74
Senior Community Member

aclayton74 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authoraclayton74 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

In Aiden's bottom drawer and on top of the extra marathon in the closet

Amy!! Mom to
Anthony-20, Daniel-17
BOTH DRIVING!!
Aiden-7 RN65/RNXT
aclayton74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
canadiangie
Ambassador - CPS Technician

canadiangie is a Car-Seat.org Leadercanadiangie is a Car-Seat.org Leadercanadiangie is a Car-Seat.org Leadercanadiangie is a Car-Seat.org Leadercanadiangie is a Car-Seat.org Leadercanadiangie is a Car-Seat.org Leadercanadiangie is a Car-Seat.org Leadercanadiangie is a Car-Seat.org Leadercanadiangie is a Car-Seat.org Leadercanadiangie is a Car-Seat.org Leadercanadiangie is a Car-Seat.org Leader

You know those big clear zippered plastic bags that bedding sets come in? I have one of those FULL of car seat parts/padding. It lives in dd's closet on the top shelf. It fits everything and it's see-through so I can find stuff super fast.
canadiangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #5
mamabear
Senior Community Member

mamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-all

a large mailing envelope on a shelf in the garage
mamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #6
BookMama
Moderator - CPS Technician

BookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org Leader

I have a big Rubbermaid-style storage container (60 qts.? something along those lines) where I stick all my manuals, padding, Radian boots, extra covers, etc. It works pretty well!
Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.
BookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #7
littleangelfire
CPS Technician

littleangelfire is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!littleangelfire is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!littleangelfire is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!littleangelfire is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!littleangelfire is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!littleangelfire is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!littleangelfire is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

giant zip locked bag.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
Holly
Senior Community Member

Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!

I have a huge plastic bin with a lid where I put the extra parts, covers, headrests from the back seat that can't stay when the seats are in, etc. The tiny pieces like chest clips, buckle tongues, longer crotch straps etc are in a big plastic ziplock baggie inside the bin.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #9
AtTheSouthDam
CPS Fanatic

AtTheSouthDam is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorAtTheSouthDam is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

The Radian box in my closet is where all my extra bits for the strollers (like the rain cover, like I'll need that here ) and car seats live. The RN now lives next to it
AtTheSouthDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #10
libranbutterfly
Senior Community Member

libranbutterfly is a Car-Seat.org recognized contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsuydam View Post
The Radian box in my closet is where all my extra bits for the strollers (like the rain cover, like I'll need that here ) and car seats live. The RN now lives next to it
This is hilarious........All my parts are also in my radian box. I was reading through all of these responses thinking I was an oddball.
Alexis (6) Booster &
Rayne (1) ERF in a Scenera for now

libranbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #11
nmb
CPS Technician

nmb is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authornmb is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

Ours are on a shelf in DS's closet. For the longest time they rode in the back of the car..."just in case"
nmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #12
cookie123
CPS Technician

cookie123 is almost a CPS know-it-allcookie123 is almost a CPS know-it-allcookie123 is almost a CPS know-it-allcookie123 is almost a CPS know-it-allcookie123 is almost a CPS know-it-all

Mine live in a paper Cub bag in the storage area. I keep my manuals in my 'junk' cupboard. I like them close at hand.
Matt- 6.5 - Pkwy/Monterey
Griffin - 1.5 - PVC/Size4Me/ProRide
cookie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:50 AM   #13
Andie
Carseat Crazy

Andie is almost a CPS know-it-allAndie is almost a CPS know-it-allAndie is almost a CPS know-it-allAndie is almost a CPS know-it-allAndie is almost a CPS know-it-all

I use a big zipper bag.

I read the entire manual for info on that hip pad thing and couldn't find anything about it. I just left it in since CJ is a skinny mini.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #14
swtgi1982
CPS Technician

swtgi1982 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorswtgi1982 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie View Post
I use a big zipper bag.

I read the entire manual for info on that hip pad thing and couldn't find anything about it. I just left it in since CJ is a skinny mini.
Yea it is fine when DS rides in it, but what DD does I can not find the buckle parts from under it, so I took it out. Also I noticed in a lot of pics of that seat on here of other kiddos in it, it appears to be out as well.
2.5yr old RF Marathon G3
Sep 30, 2014 Combi Coccoro RF
swtgi1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #15
Morganthe
CPS Fanatic

Morganthe is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMorganthe is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMorganthe is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMorganthe is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMorganthe is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMorganthe is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMorganthe is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMorganthe is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMorganthe is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMorganthe is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMorganthe is a Car-Seat.org Leader

I've always kept the original box and it's where the extra parts are stored for that particular seat. Makes things so simpler when it's time to say goodbye.

My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs

Update: Munchkin is older & bigger.
11 years / 5'1 ish/95lbs. Monterey NBB/5stepping
Morganthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #16
Mommyto2
Senior Community Member

Mommyto2 is almost a CPS know-it-allMommyto2 is almost a CPS know-it-allMommyto2 is almost a CPS know-it-allMommyto2 is almost a CPS know-it-all

I have a large rubbermaid tote. It has all the spare parts in it. Smaller parts like d-rings, chestclips and harnesses ar in a plastic bag inside the tote so it can be labeled and I know which seat it belongs too.

All the boxes are broken down so that they are flat and stored inbetween the shelf and the wall.
A-5 years old~ FR90 or FFing BLVD70
Mommyto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
tjham
Senior Community Member

tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!tjham is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

I TRY to put most things in separate zipper bags with writing to tell me what it is ( ) and what seat it goes to. Makes it much easier when searching for a part. Then I put them all in a Rubbermaid tub in the spare room.

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!