My Radian XTSL install - What do you think?

ChristyH

We got Lizzie's Radian XTSL today, so excited! I LOVE the color!

Ok, it's being install in the middle row outboard driver side in a 2005 Pontiac Montana. I installed with the seatbelt because I was hoping for a more upright install. I "thought" she would be on the 3rd harness slot but after installing it and her settling into the seat it look like I'll have to move the harnesses down to the second slot. That means I have to move the headwings back all the way up right?? The third harness slot is slightly above her shoulders but I'm not sure if you'll be able to to that from the picture.
Do I really have to move the wings even though she'll be sitting at the same level??

Also, if you need different angles or pictures let me know and I can get them!!

Rear vehicle view
002-8.jpg

Side Views
003-7.jpg

009-2.jpg

004-8.jpg

View of harness slot - her shirt is pushing up a little bit, her shoulder is actually lower than that.
007-3.jpg

Tether point - Does it matter that I used the Britax D-ring that was already there? Do I need to swap it out for the Radian D-ring??
008-3.jpg

All in all it's rock solid and it took maybe 10 min, it was really easy to put in our van. Lizzie wasn't as thrilled, I know she'll get used to it but I think she misses being cradled by her Coccoro. She still fits in the Coccoro rear facing with plenty of room so I'll use that seat in the other vehicle.

Thanks!!!

ADS

oxeye

Looks pretty good. The wings definitely need to be moved up the way she is in the seat right now.

Did you move the crotch strap in for her? At 22 months I'm guessing she needs the middle position. If you haven't moved that in it might keep her from slouching and she might be able to use the third slots (and the head wings - though are they in the lowest position in your pics?)

The Britax D-ring is fine IMO. I use them interchangeably.

ChristyH

I did move the crotch buckle to the middle position, the outer one was just too far out. Even then I need to move the shoulder straps down 1 position, I should have known because she has a very short torso. So I guess I'll have to move the headwings all the way up which is a bummer because I found I could move them down more after I took the picture and the cradle her head perfectly.

I'm glad I don't need to swap out the D-ring because that thing was a pain in the butt to put there.

firemomof3

Yes, by the manual you are suppose to move the headwings all the way up. I contacted Russ about this issue and he told me it was perfectly safe to move the headwings down to cradle the head. This of course is up to you and I'm just letting you know what he told me :)

tiggercat

I just love that pattern. Want to know something funny? I tried my not quite 6m old out in the RN XT today, he fits the same (torso wise) as your daughter. This is in the 3rd harness slot, but I need to move it down if he keeps riding in it. His legs are like half as long as hers though. I did move the head wings up when I installed it, they just looked in an awkward spot on him.

22150_285066674369_648284369_3558325_46867_n.jpg

(didn't take a pic in the car)

ChristyH

I just love that pattern. Want to know something funny? I tried my not quite 6m old out in the RN XT today, he fits the same (torso wise) as your daughter. This is in the 3rd harness slot, but I need to move it down if he keeps riding in it. His legs are like half as long as hers though. I did move the head wings up when I installed it, they just looked in an awkward spot on him.

22150_285066674369_648284369_3558325_46867_n.jpg

(didn't take a pic in the car)

Awwww! Too cute!

Yeah, my DD is an itty bitty when it comes to her torso. It's still only a little over 11" for her torso and she'll be 2 soon, which I guess is good for her carseat journey because she'll be rear facing for quite a while. She's little when it comes to weight too. :eek:

tiggercat

Awwww! Too cute!

Yeah, my DD is an itty bitty when it comes to her torso. It's still only a little over 11" for her torso and she'll be 2 soon, which I guess is good for her carseat journey because she'll be rear facing for quite a while. She's little when it comes to weight too. :eek:

How much does she weigh?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC