Best deal on balance bikes?

ADS

Dillipop

I'd love to know what it is like as well. Especially the wheels- Flat-free EPS foam tires for flat free fun. I obviously know what eps foam is, but am having a hard time picturing it on a bike tire.

veggiegirl228

Here is the bike from Walmart (I can get more if anybody needs it and yes I still need to finish putting it together ;)). Do you think it fits her? (the seat is pretty much at high as it will go)

Front view: (hadn't corrected handlebar height yet)
DSCN2821-1.jpg

Back view (sitting on the seat)
DSCN2819-1.jpg

Back view (standing up)
DSCN2820-1.jpg

Last edited:

lovinwaves

Ooo that is tiny! Her handlebars seem too low. When she is sitting on it her feet she be flat on the ground, with her knees at a slight bend. :)

Our PV miniglider has the no flat tires and I personally love them. Sure, they aren't going to be the most durable tires, but at least I don't have to worry about filling them up everytime we ride. They kids just get on the bike and go!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
A pic from the side would be helpful as well as a pic taken from lower down behind her (rather than standing).

Here's a page on fit from the balance bike we have http://www.glidebikes.com/features.html#size Obviously the inseam measurements won't apply to your bike, but the 3rd paragraph has a description of what the best fit should look like, and you can also see that it in the pic.

veggiegirl228

Side (showing how her legs are bent):
DSCN2841-1.jpg

Front view (adjusted the handle bars to as far as they go):
DSCN2847-1.jpg

Warning about correct sizing for kids:
DSCN2835-1.jpg

Bike itself:
DSCN2848-1.jpg

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Jennifer, would you do me a huge favor? Would you measure the height of the seat when it is as low as it will go? We are buying ds a balance bike, and were just going to get a strider because we NEED the lowest possible clearance, but if this bike goes just as low for 1/3 the price, then that would be really awesome, we could really use the money for other stuff right now.

veggiegirl228

Jennifer, would you do me a huge favor? Would you measure the height of the seat when it is as low as it will go? We are buying ds a balance bike, and were just going to get a strider because we NEED the lowest possible clearance, but if this bike goes just as low for 1/3 the price, then that would be really awesome, we could really use the money for other stuff right now.

I get about 12 1/2" from floor to seat. The post itself isn't very long (maybe 3" or so)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
lol...his inseam is about 9.5, lol. I can buy about an inch by putting a sposie on him, I think, and about a half inch by putting shoes on him.....so the strider with the 11 inch seat height is still looking like my best bet. He's just very, very tiny, only 31 inches tall.

aeormsby

That does seem pretty small for your DD. We found that getting the seat a little higher helped DD figure out how to use the bike. She kept doing the walking over it, once we put the seat a little higher so she could just barely lift her feet off the ground she was more likely to sit on the seat as she scooted it forward. After a month or 2 she was cruising around pretty good. She isn't cruising as much as some of her friends yet but winter has put a damper on how often she gets on it. (I found a Kettler one for about $85 last fall).

veggiegirl228

Well where else can I find a good deal on a balance bike? (I don't even care if it's on sale b/c of scratches) Who makes a good one as well? I want something that she can grow into but use it now, kwim?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC