3 seats in a 2006 Jetta

T

twinsandanother

We have a 2006 Jetta. We have twins that are 2 yr 3 months. They are >30 lb each...solid, but technically still average...they are in Britax roundabouts (forward facing) that we LOVE. They are spacious and comfortable. We are expecting baby #3 in 3 months. Our infant car seat is a graco (not sure which one, but i can post that later). Even though there are 3 LATCH spots, the 2 britax are too large to fit a graco inbetween in the back of a jetta. What are our options...we are more willing to purchase 2 new car seats for the twins being that car seats are used longer than just an infant car seat. Is Sunshine (now Diono) the only brand that will do this...if so, all Sunshines or specific ones? Any other brands?

ADS

Suzibeck

We have a 2003 Jetta and our old Sunshine Kids Radian installs super easy with either LATCH or seatbelt. When I need to do 3 across, I use the seatbelt to install as it gives me a bit more room. Clek is coming out soon with the Foonf which is supposed to also be good for tight 3 across spaces.

ETA: It is my understanding that all of the Diono Radians have the same footprint so any of the Radian line would be fine.

Phineasmama

You might be able to get away with buying one Diono seat, put that in the middle and one of the Britax seats right next to it on the outside- they puzzle together nicely if they're facing the same direction.
If that doesn't work you'll need 2 radians instead of just one. Then your Graco seat might still not fit- unless it's a Snugride 30 with the square/narrower base and not the flared out one. If it doesn't work you might as well sell some of your seats on craigslist and buy a new infant seat as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC