MyRide rear facing in a Sienna

kphil

I just read emandbri say on another thread that she didn't like the rf install of the MR in a Sienna. This has me worried now, as I just bought a MR 2 weeks ago, and installed it ff for my ds, planning that later this year it will become our new baby's rf convertible. I really should have tried it rf as well as ff before deciding to keep it :(. I don't actually love it ff, due to the severe recline, but like it very much other than that, so figured it would be a great rf convertible. It definitely wouldn't have been my choice for ds right now if it's not going to work well for the baby. Has anyone else had it rf in a Sienna? I have a 2005 LE8.

ADS

autumnlily

I have it RF in my 2007 8 passenger Sienna - and LOVE it. Seriously, I'd never considered a MR until my tech class and played with one in my vehicle... I bought on a few weeks later. It fits perfectly behind my Driver seat (outboard captain) and my 6ft 2" husband can push the seat all the way back and recline to his liking and the MR remains untouched by the seat back. ALSO, in that seat, it doesn't impede my rear view vision (I'm 5ft 2").

Now, I've never installed it FF and am not sure what I will think of that. However, I purchased it exclusively for ERF.. so, that isn't an issue for a few more years.

kphil

Can you try it RF to see what you think?
Yes, and I will. I know that's the obvious answer, but I'm unable to install seats at this point in my pregnancy, and I hated to ask dh to try it rf, and then put it in ff (because he's doing a million and one other things to get ready around here, too!). We're going to put the baby's seat in the car in the next week or so, which will entail moving everyone around, so I'll have him try it rf during that process. He's awesome at installing. Either way, it would be too late if I found it doesn't work, because we've already been using it for almost 2 weeks. I was just hoping someone would tell me this:

I have it RF in my 2007 8 passenger Sienna - and LOVE it. Seriously, I'd never considered a MR until my tech class and played with one in my vehicle... I bought on a few weeks later. It fits perfectly behind my Driver seat (outboard captain) and my 6ft 2" husband can push the seat all the way back and recline to his liking and the MR remains untouched by the seat back. ALSO, in that seat, it doesn't impede my rear view vision (I'm 5ft 2").
Thank you, that makes me feel much better about my purchase! :) When we move the baby to it, it will be behind the driver's side just like yours, so that's good news to hear it is a good install in your car.

I will ask dh to try it when we do the big seat switcheroo next week though, just so I can see.

autumnlily

Glad I could help, and I sure hope it works with just as much ease for you!

I have it installed with LATCH. Haven't tried a seat belt install - simply because I don't have to.

aja

we had a rental sienna (08 or 09) when we bought our myrides and i loved the installs. :thumbsup: not a problem at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC