FF conundrum

LittleMomma10

My 5 year old has a Radian RXT: Love how easy it is for him to get in, love the max weight limit, love that it can be used as a booster eventually, love the safety. Don't love installing it! Don't love having to take it all the way out of the car to adjust shoulder straps and head rest height!

My 3 year old has a FF Britax Boulevard: Love how easy it is to install, fairly easy for him to climb in (sits a little higher than the Radian), so easy to adjust head rest and shoulder straps, love the safety. Isn't as smooth to tighten straps.

I will be getting a new car seat for my 3 year old and putting my 6 month old in his Britax Boulevard RF.

Trying to decide between the Britax Frontier, Recaro Performance Sport, or another Diono Radian RXT.
*Safety #1 priority,fairly easy to install, fairly easy to adjust shoulder straps and head rest (they grow so fast!), high weight limit (able to use for as long as possible). My kids are on the smaller side so I have a feeling their car seats will expire before they get big enough for boosters.

ADS

lgenne

Of those 3, I would only consider the Recaro. Radians make crappy boosters: they have a 50 pound minimum weight limit for booster use, and most kids outgrow them by height around the same time they hit 50 pounds, if not sooner. And if your kids are small, a Frontier is overkill. It doesn't work well as a booster for small kids. Your kids will likely be at an age where social pressure dictates that they want a backless booster (and backless is fine, if they can sit appropriately in it and the belt fit is good) before it starts fitting them well as a booster.

Other combination seats I would look at: Graco Nautilus 65 LX, Graco Argos 80 Elite, Graco Tranzitions, Harmony Defender.

Dillipop

I'd still consider a frontier since you have kids to hand it down to. The install is ridiculously easy and it's easy to switch it between kids if needed.

I personally don't like radians and since it seems you aren't entirely thrilled with it, I'd skip getting another one since it doesn't sound like you need it for space.

I've never used Recaro harness seats but have loved the boosters we've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC