Motor driven automatic seat belts?

L

LoveMyBug

I tried to find out what these were online, but couldn't put my finger on it.

I was reading through my marathon manual and it says it is not compatible with the motor driven automatic seat belts. What are these and how do I know if my car has these?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If you had them, you would definitely know it, don't worry. They are in the front seat of usually older cars...they were popular around 15 years ago and more...and when you open the door, the belt is on a track on the door, and you never have to buckle the shoulderbelt, you just sit down, close the door, and the belt zips up the track to the right position. Generally you DO have to buckle the lapbelt, though some even had the lapbelt attached to the door...I remember getting tangled in one or 2 of these automatic seatbelts as a kid, lol.
You can imagine the problems there would be if someone tried to install a carseat to a seatbelt that moves forward a couple feet everytime you open the car door...yikes! Talk about more than one inch of movement at the beltpath :D

L

LoveMyBug

Ohh it's one of those, I remember them, LOL. Wonder what happened to them? LOL, probably wasn't safe. OK I fewel better knowing what they are now.

I called the carseat techs but they have to call me back about an appointment. DS is still doing fine in the seat he has, he isn't even at the top harness slot yet, but as soon as I get an appointment I am moving him to the marathon, which I already love.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC