Best Britax Car Seat - sorry if this isn't how you do it

R

robinmiller232

Best Britax Car Seat - sorry if this isn't how you do it

This question is a continuation of my previous question. I don't know how to continue the thread. I hit reply, but that seems to appear as one of the replies to my question. Sorry if this isn't how to ask another question on the same topic.

Here is what I wrote:

Thanks so much for the info, this is the first time I am using this and am very impressed!!!!

I went to the Britax site and see that there are 4 different convertible car seats.
Advantage
Galaxy
Roundabout
Marathon

I tried comparing the features, but they didn't mean anything to me. Does anybody know which is the safest, most comfortable and easiest to use?

Thanks again!!

Robin

ADS
R

Robert

Re: Best Britax Car Seat - sorry if this isn't how you do it

Robin,
It is ultimately your choice. It would be hard for someone to recommend a certain child seat based on all the variables involved. the best thing you can do is to visit a store that has the seats and try them out yourself. Some stores will let you try the seat in your car before you buy it to see if it fits. You can also check the "compatibility" at the top of the page for some additional information.
Robert

U

UlrikeDG

"Best" is a relative term, but we can help compare

First, what is the "best" seat? The best seat for you is one that fits your child, fits your vehicle, fits your budget, and is one that you will use properly each and every trip. Additionally, it is generally preferred to find a seat with a 5 point harness (see www.cpsafety.com/articles...hield.aspx ) and with a rear facing weight limit of at *least* 30 lb (see www.cpsafety.com/articles...dedrf.aspx and www.parentsplace.com/babi...76,00.html ).

There are, however, some convenience, comfort and safety features which can make a seat more appealing. For example, all the Britax seats you listed have EPS foam to help protect a child's head in a crash. They have built in locking clips, which can make the seat easier to install. They have a tether which can be use rear or front facing (most seats only use the tether front facing). And, they are very well padded, which can make the seat more comfortable.

The Advantage and Roundabout are virtually identical. The big difference between them is that the Roundabout has harness slots, while the Advantage has "infinite" harness adjustment by turning a knob. The highest and lowest harness positions on these seats are the same. The Advantage is heavier. Both have a rear facing weight limit of 33 lb and a front facing weight limit of 40 lb.

The Marathon is like a larger version of the Roundabout. It has 4 sets of harness slots instead of "only" 3. It has a 33 lb rear facing weight limit, but it can be used until 65 lb front facing! It is taller than the Roundabout. With the higher weight limit and larger size, it should fit children longer, both rear facing and front facing. Many people find the harness adjuster on the Marathon is much harder to tighten than the adjuster on the Roundabout. While it is still easier to use than a llot of other seats, the adjuster on the Roundabout is *really* nice, and people who are used to that adjuster are annoyed by the one on the Marathon. Finally, there have been some complaints about compatibility with the Marathon. The seatbelt iis supposed to be threaded under the LATCH attachment bar, and if the latch plate on the seatbelt is too large, it will not fit.

Finally, the Galaxy. It has a 33 lb rear facing weight limit and a 40 lb front facing limit. It has a split (upside down V shape) crotch strap, giving it a 6 point harness. It has an anti-rebound bar.

I

isakswings

I own a Roundabout and Marathon(m)

I like both! The Roundabout is a really nice car seat. It is my favorite. I think it is easy to use and has all the safety features I like.

The Marathon is also very nice and I like it a lot. It is also easy to use just not quite as easy as my Roundabout. However, the Marathon offers more longevity in terms of usage. My 22 mo fits in it using the second set of slots and has room to grow in those and then has 2 more slots to go before outgrowing it. My oldest son is 7 and fits in it. So a seat like the Marathon would definately give you a lot of use. I think you will definately gets your money's worth out of it.

If I was choosing between the seats you listed, I would probably go with the Marathon simply b/c it offers the most long term use(harnesses to 65 pounds). I imagine any of those seats listed will be wonderful, but I think I would choose the Marathon. Had the Marathon been available when we bought my son's Roundabout I think I would have bought it over the Roundabout.

JMO. I would try the seats out and decide from there. Make sure you try your baby in the seat and the seat in your car. That's the best way to know if you will like something or not. :)

HTH

Angie

mom and advocate

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC