buying online - manufacturing date ?

River

I think I've found the cheapest marathon at kidsurplus.com for $228.99 free shipping. But I was real concerned in getting a seat from the first out of production/fall 2002, so I called them. They said it is a 'this year, 2003' seat, but they couldn't specifically give me a date as the seats are in their warhouse.

Is that good enough? When I got my Roundabout, I did drive 1 hour and got a 'that month' seat, but now with 2 kids, that's kind of out of the question, so I'm looking at ordering one on line.

Has anyone ever thought about the date thing?

ADS

Robert

CPST Instructor
I would not be concerned about the date too much since your buying from a service that see's a lot of business. I would be concern with a company that does not sell a lot of child seats or, over the internet I also would be concern with a child seat model that has been around for several years without knowing the date of production.

U

Unregistered

thanks joolsplus!

That site has amazing prices-like RA with Latch for $189!! and free shipping!

bazanna

Senior Community Member
ok i'm confused (what's new LOL ;))...are you concerned about the possibility of the seat being used and not new or are you concerned about getting a marathon OTHER than the first couple months' production, because those first months had a couple issues (i can't remember what they are right now but i read someplace that marathons after feb. 2003 are OK)?

River

no, i know the seat is new, i just didn't want to purchase one that was manufactured in the fall of 2002, i want one of the ones after feb 2003, so i don't get the one with issues :D

River

thanks Julie! I went ahead and used your site and purchased a marathon from them.

i asked the gentlemen on the phone about the wizard and he said they they (britax) cannot produce a date yet, it can be anywhere from 3 months out to 6 months out!

i got the stormy, since i couldn't match my cascades color so much, i decided to go and match the fabric, which is velour.

:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC