? about old AOEs with 35 pound RF limit

babygund

I have two AOEs from 2005 (already did the recall on them). Anyway, they RF to 30 pounds but then again pretty much all seats did in Canada then. However, I had heard that the AO used to RF to 35 pounds. Does anyone know why they switched? I also wonder if the seats I have would be the same as the 35 pound RF ones (kind of like our 48 pound radians that are apparently the same as the 65 pound ones)?

Let me clarify that I am not using it RF past 30 as I have a true fit for this purpose. I am just wondering.

Thanks!

ADS

mommycat

I am not sure when they switched (and was it 35 or 33 it used to go to?) and I'm not sure there would be any way of knowing if they changed anything in the design or structural materials when they switched. Maybe someone else can answer. I do know that they are nothing at all like the NEW 35lbRF/50lbFF seats, FWIW. ;)

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If I remember correctly, the switch from rf 35 lbs to 30 lbs was when the design changed. The new one with 30 lbs would be the one with the red handles to adjust the height of headrest/harness slots. I am thinking around 2004 or 2005?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
If I remember correctly, the switch from rf 35 lbs to 30 lbs was when the design changed. The new one with 30 lbs would be the one with the red handles to adjust the height of headrest/harness slots. I am thinking around 2004 or 2005?

I'm pretty sure the change happened mid 2004 because I know when I first started looking for Jillian it was 35lbs, and when I actually bought one in November it was 30lbs.

Not all the 30lb ones had the red handles though - only the elite models have those.

I'm not sure why they changed the weight rating. I've heard rumors, but never anything concrete enough that I'd pass it on.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC