Where can I find crash test results???

B

benmichal

Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive set of crash test results for convertible infant car seats? Several reviews & sites mention test results but I haven't been able to find any for the models available in the US (the best I found was this for the UK). The NHTSA doesn't have anything. Any leads??

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately-

Unlike automobiles, it is very hard to use crash test results to compare child restraints. Fit to child and vehicle is very important, and what works well for a dummy and flat bench test sled may not fit the same for your child and vehicle. Also, without any correlation to risk of injury, it is very hard to tell how much safer one seat is than another. Finally, keep in mind that most injuries and fatalities are caused by non-use and misuse of restraint systems. Differences among properly installed and used child seats of the same type are not very large in terms of safety.

You should choose a carseat that fits your vehicle well, that fits your child well and one that has ease-of-use features that will allow you to use it correctly each trip. I suggest our guide to carseat features, http://www.car-safety.org/guide.html . In addition to giving a brief list of features, there are also links to buying guides including Consumer Reports which does have some crash test data.

There may also be some information on this in the forum archives. I found this thread on a quick search:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=799

I hope that helps!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC