Safeguard Go as a backless booster

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Wow, it's so great for big kids! I still haven't tried it in the car, but here's a picture of how low it is compared to the Dakota http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/DakotaGo?authkey=Gv1sRgCPmh95qzjPengwE#5339762103434360562 (and more pics in that album, it's a tad deeper for the thighs than the Dakota, too).

Anyway, dd1 LOVED the CD when we got it last week, but she loves the Go equally this week. I am hoping that it's so low profile that I can use it in the 'pushed to the middle' captain's chair in my Ody and it won't make the shoulderbelt fall off the kids' shoulders (which happens in the Clek when it's LATCHed so we use it unlatched and scooted over to the side a bit, I'm hoping the Go can be LATCHed and still work fine...I'll update when I test it!)

I'm still tired from prying the harness off the Go with a flathead screwdriver, I don't recommend doing that any more often than absolutely necessary :p

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I agree, it's great for those wanting a lower booster - but the price tag for using it only backless? Not cool at all!

I'd love a high back booster that sits only an inch off the seat (for materials -thin plastic covered by comfort foam - ONLY, not a ton of extra padding!), because my tall dd is going to be too tall for high back boosters and possibly even backless boosters in a couple of years - one that sits lower would be great for older/bigger kids so they can stay boostered longer.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I agree, it's great for those wanting a lower booster - but the price tag for using it only backless? Not cool at all!

But consider that if it's bought at the end of a kid's booster career, and used for only a year or two as a "transitional" booster, and you carefully preserve the rest of it, the resale value would be phenomenal. :thumbsup:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, crazy expensive for just that. Fortunately I can use it for the big kids backless and then use it harnessed for Leah for whatever seating situation I will find for it...someday...I hope... lol... It just happens to work out for me. Oh, and Leah does love it harnessed...I know we mostly recommend it for travel and rare use, but it's so easy to climb into it and buckle it up! :thumbsup:
I still haven't tried it with a kid in the van but it doesn't look promising, I may have to put the clek in there anyway because it's the only one narrow enough to scootch over to the side to make the shoulderbelt fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC