Crashed Seat Replacements

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
BIL hit a deer and needs to replace all three of the seats in his truck (90s something Chev 1 tonne.) They've got 2 FF and a booster rider. Insurance says buy whatever they want. Sister's thinking a couple Radians and a TB. The truck's wide enough, but she's thinking the narrowness will be useful in other vehicles (our parents' for example.) Since she won't be using them RF, I wondered if the Harmony seat is a better option (is it available in Canada?) If not, is the shop.ca/ebates the best purchasing option? (Not that that really matters since they're not OOP, but I might buy one for DS2 anyway.) Any feelings on Radian model preference?

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
FYI on the shop.ca deal, ebates on it went down to 7% from 15% a few days ago. And shipping has been brutally slow if they want the replacements quickly. I ordered something last Wednesday, it took until Monday to move into "supplier processing" and still hasn't shipped. My order is coming through Snuggle Bugz.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Ha and my order arrived today. No shipping notice or tracking sent to me. Still doesn't even say shipping in my account area.

So considering the holiday and the distance it was coming from, the shipping was actually fast. LOL

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The Harmony Defender isn't available in Canada, so cross that one off.

If she's not using a Radian RF then she may as well just go with the R100 I'd think, unless she's partial to a colour or wants the headwings. It's $280 at shop.ca and the ebates/shop stuff isn't super right now but will help. I personally like the RXT for the wings, but that's just preference. I'd probably stay away from the Rainier/Pacifica/Olympia because they're wider at the top and might invade space for the next seat over, particularly with three in the same direction.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC