Help installing in 2011 odyssey

hollyh

I can't seem to get anything to work. :(

Britax b safe is supposed to go in middle 2nd row latched. It is totally loose and not level. Any tips?

3 radians I was trying to install in back row via seatbelt. They are completely loose. I can grab the bottom of it and pull it up several inches. Spent a few hours trying to get them in. I was trying seatbelt bc my kids are 40-45 lbs... Although idk if that is necessary with the radians?

Please help.

ADS

JenniJones428

CPS Technician
I would recommend installing the Britax seat with the seat belt, in the center position of your Odyssey. You may get a tighter installation, with the seat belt, and use of the lockoff. You also want to adjust the recline mechanism on the base, to ensure the green level indicator is in between the lines.

Are the 3 Radian's rear facing or forward facing? You want to check for movement, at the belt path - with a gentle tug (like a firm handshake) it should not move more than 1". Checking for the movement at the bottom is unnecessary.

hollyh

Hi. Thank you for your response. I will try to secure the Britax with the seatbelt and see how it goes.

The 3 Radians are RF. Can you explain how to check the 1" at the belt path? How would you shake it? With three in there, they are pretty snug, so there really is no other way to shake it other than from the bottom - at which point it slides upward. Is that a secure install?

seb3244

Hi. Thank you for your response. I will try to secure the Britax with the seatbelt and see how it goes. The 3 Radians are RF. Can you explain how to check the 1" at the belt path? How would you shake it? With three in there, they are pretty snug, so there really is no other way to shake it other than from the bottom - at which point it slides upward. Is that a secure install?

I would YouTube how to install britax b safe base with seat belt. I don't have time right now otherwise I would link it.

Not 100% sure on how to check all 3 radians but for sure you can check the 1st one you put in before putting in the 2nd then check the 2nd one you put in (check for 1" or less of movement) before installing the 3rd.

But if I were you I would definitely call a car seat tech to come check the installs and to show you different installs for when you move the car seats to different spots. Especially if you spent several hours trying to figure it out. Having a tech check or double check your installs will save you time and offer you a whole lot of peace of mind.

Good luck

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd install the center car seat with a locking clip if you can, then remove it but leave the locking clip, install the two outboard, then put the center back in by just re-buckling. In a tight 3 across that's often the easiest way to ensure independent tightness. (another option is marking the belt but that gets trickier.)

hollyh

Thanks. I got the b safe nice and snug with the seatbelt. I hadn't even tried that... My mind was fried from the radian installs. I think the radians are fine. They are tight a the belt path. They are just a tough knuckle breaking install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC