Airport transfers in Vegas with 5 yo

U

Unregistered

We are traveling to Vegas with a 5 year old. Is anyone familiar with the ways of getting to the strip from the airport, and if any shuttle or limousine services provide decent car seats?
Ideally we would prefer not renting a car for the airport transfer, as we will be staying on the strip for a few days without needing a car.

However, we will be renting a car later on our trip, so another option is for one of us to grab a taxi at the airport and buy a seat nearby while the other one stays at the airport with the kids. In that case, is there a carseat in particular that you would recommend?
The seat would just be used for this trip and possibly later vacations, but we want one that is safe. Back home (overseas) she is actually still rearfacing, so I'm not too familiar with forward facing seats/boosters (assuming that is what we are looking at).

Any advise on which car rental services that provide the best carseats would also be greatly appreciated

ADS

gigi

I would bring a lightweight backless booster...bubblebum, boostapak, or anything lightweight rated to your child's weight. Look for one with a shoulder belt strap.

We used rental car carseats once, recently, and I don't ever want to do that again. They were in rough shape, the straps didn't adjust evenly, and my kids screamed the entire time we were driving about how uncomfortable they were. Fortunately, we didn't have to drive that car much. Of course you could end up with a better scenario, but from what I've heard this sadly is pretty typical. And of course you don't know the history of rental car seats so it's a bit risky.

How big is your 5yo? A booster would be fine as long as she is mature enough for it. I haven't used Boostapak but it is intriguing -- since you plan to take this on multiple trips, I'd recommend either that or the BubbleBum, or possibly the Harmony youth booster, which is light and cheap but doesn't pack as easily as the other two.

I'd definitely recommend bringing one along with you rather than planning to go out and buy something while the family waits at the airport -- there's a Walmart very close to the airport, but you'd have to take a taxi and never know what will or will not be in stock -- and if you already have a seat with you, you won't have to deal with that extra errand on arrival.

1mommy

I don't know if I would want to rent a car seat, you never know what youre going to get. Also would your 5 year old be ok in a booster? its quite a change to go from RF to booster- if not you could try the GO- but you have to make sure you rent a car with a top teather -which shouldnt be a problem as all cars after 2001 (i think?) have them

http://carseatblog.com/30798/the-go-is-back/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC