How do I get 6 in an odyssey?

mom2ari

I currently have:
8 year old in a NBB 2nd row captains chair
6 year old in a HB turbo booster outboard 3rd row
4 year old FFing in an RXT outboard 3rd row
2 year old RFing in a milestone captains chair

I'd like to be able to get 2 more boosters in so we could carpool to school. Is that possible? We own an XTSL also if that helps.

ADS

Dillipop

I love bubblebums for carpool. They easily slide under the van seats when not in use and they are small and pretty much fit anywhere. As long as the kids you are transporting are over 40 lbs, they would be a good choice. I haven't come across a spot they haven't worked yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krasota

My 2012 Ody often has three in NBB in the back row. I know it's a Graco backless on one side and a Harmony Cruz on the other. The middle is either a bubble bum or an incognito. I *think* the Incognito fits with the other two. I know I've put one of those two in the middle row center next to a RF Radian, too.

featherhead

I have an '03 Odyssey and currently have two backless boosters with a Radian between them in the third row. The boosters are a Harmony Youth booster, and an Apramo (very similar to the Harmony).

lgenne

I would leave the RXT where it is, put the Milestone in the +1, and the Turbobooster driver side captains chair. Then get a Harmony Dreamtime (passenger side 3rd row) and and something narrow for 3rd row center: Bubblebum, Harmony Youth booster, or Incognito (depending on kid weight).

mom2ari

I would leave the RXT where it is, put the Milestone in the +1, and the Turbobooster driver side captains chair. Then get a Harmony Dreamtime (passenger side 3rd row) and and something narrow for 3rd row center: Bubblebum, Harmony Youth booster, or Incognito (depending on kid weight).

Is the dreamtime narrower than the turbo?
Can the turbo and/or the dreamtime go on the +1? My RFer can be a scratcher so 1 possible victim is better than 2. Plus it would be better for school drop off to have all the school kids on the passenger side of the van.

lgenne

Is the dreamtime narrower than the turbo?

Can the turbo and/or the dreamtime go on the +1? My RFer can be a scratcher so 1 possible victim is better than 2. Plus it would be better for school drop off to have all the school kids on the passenger side of the van.

The Dreamtime is narrower, yes. Or at least narrower where it matters, i.e., where you have to get a hand in to buckle. I'm not sure how it works in the +1, but you really want it in the 3rd row.

I'm not sure how the TB works in the +1, either, but I know that spot is iffy with HBBs in general.

What about this?

RF Milestone driver side captain's chair
FF RXT +1
NBB passenger side captain's chair (leaves good access to 3rd row)
Harmony Dreamtime outboard 3rd row (whichever side the center has to buckle on)
Bubblebum center
Try the TB on the other side; if it doesn't work, put another Dreamtime there

mom2ari

In an ideal world (although when you are trying to get 6 CRs in a vehicle you usually have to take what you can get) I would be able to put both the boosters in the center positions so that when we don't have the car poolers with us (which would likely be only on the way in to school) my 4 don't have to sit next to each other. A little space does us all good in the van.

lgenne

In an ideal world (although when you are trying to get 6 CRs in a vehicle you usually have to take what you can get) I would be able to put both the boosters in the center positions so that when we don't have the car poolers with us (which would likely be only on the way in to school) my 4 don't have to sit next to each other. A little space does us all good in the van.

I'm not sure how to make that work, other than either harnessing a kid or spending a boatload. (I know the Rodifix works well in the +1, but that's a LOT of money to spend on a car pool seat.)

bnsnyde

We have always had 6 carseats in our 2011 Odyssey.
Now we have 5 since my 10 YO 5 steps.

Right now we have a RF Clek for the 3 YO, an infant seat for the 17 month-old (Graco 40 so it fits a longer than normal time), and a Clek backless for the 7 YO, all in the third row.

Back row we have a highback Harmony Dreamtime for 5 YO, a Harmony Youth for 8 YO. And the 10 YO was in an Incognito in the middle (all that fit).
We have used XTSL in the past, with good results for space.

mom2ari

I'm thinking that I will likely have to buy 4 seats, two to go in my van, and two for my girls to leave with the other family. So I can always rotate their current seats to go with the other family if it works better. Do you think it's possible to get 2 dreamtimes and an RXT in the 3rd row? Also, I can put a bubble bum in the 2nd row middle seat correct?

Is the dreamtime a no go on the middle seat second row?

On a side note, I have always been intrigued by the rodifix, but I think DH will say no go on that one!

lpperry

I have a 2012 Oddy and pretty much the same age kids. 7,6,4,2. We do 6 in the car on occasion.

So, the middle row--you can have anything there. I'd keep your rf kid there and put our harnessed Radian rider in the 3rd row. Do whatever you want with your two booster riders, but on the days you carpool, put the HBB rider in the 2nd row with the 8 year old in a low back booster. You can use any booster you want. There is tons of room in the middle of the 2012 odyssey.

The back is tricky because it is pretty small. We have a radian and a really large booster back (diono Cambria) there and can't fit any narrow LBB in between. I have a RiderSafe Travel Vest that is awesome for that middle spot. You could get one of those for your 5 year old carpooler.

I have not tried two narrow boosters with the Radian back there. Maybe a Dreamtime and a BubbleBum would fit. You'd have to try it out. I have to take my carseats out for someone who is working on the car on Wednesday.When I put them back in, I could put in the Radian and put the Harmony dreamtime next to it and see how much room there is left. I don't have two dreamtime though and the other booster I have (Cambria) is really huge so it woudn't be a good judge of how much room there is.

I have had 3 harnessed seats back there--two radians and a Coccoro, but the boosters take more room because you have to leave room to buckle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC