New Graco Item?!?

Brendan's Mom

I have heard that graco has just developed a seat that rear-faces to 40lbs!! Yes, that is 40lbs rear-facing and forward facing to 65lbs! I don't have many details, but that it has passed all the crash testing and production will start very soon. I wish I could get more details, but unfortunately I couldn't get many answers. It might hit shelves as soon as July!

ADS

BabyKaykes

I dunno...somehow I just doubt it....I'm silently willing them to ditch the CS and CC and try again in the convertible department, though.

However, they DID spring the Nautilus on us, so maybe they've got some more secrets. I'm sure they very much underestimated the rapid popularity of the GN, and now that they're the only ones without a HWH convertible seat, I'm sure they've got to have SOMEthing on the drafting table.

SPJ&E

I need one...but only if it's at least as tall as the MA and doesn't take up anymore room front-to-back...oh and it has to be easy to tighten.

I won't hold my breath though.

NannyMom

I did hear awhile ago Graco would be coming out with a new HWH convertible. But all I was hoping for was 50-65 pounds FF and 35 RF. I think I'll hold off on buying Sofi's new seat maybe. Or...this would give me an excuse to buy another :whistle:

AtTheSouthDam

Huh. Really?
My new true fit is on hold anyway, I might have to wait and see what this beast may be. DD2 could rear face until 2nd grade in something like that.
And I was never too unhappy with my comfort sport :duck: , just that is was too small and out grown so fast (but then again, I had not experienced the wonders of Britax or Recaro then) :rolleyes:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Today is April fools guys. Don't get too excited.:whistle:
Around here people don't do April Fool's day jokes after noon and from what I can see, there isn't a time zone where it's before noon. :shrug-shoulders:

ETA: and I see Wikipedia tells me that in the U.S. jokes are done all day. Glad we don't have to put up with waiting for jokes all day long!

Evolily

It would be awesome if they do make it, it has a tall enough shell, and a relatively reasonable pricepoint (I can't really get excited if the seat costs $400 a pop). Really awesome if they introduce some new to the american market technology like one of those boots that prevents over rotation. Only way we'll know is if they release something official, though :) .

mommaon112903

I know my sis will be in the market for a convertible seat for her car before this time next year, she is in love with her Snugride already...I can't wait for something official! Hopefully like others have said it will be a decent seat, at a decent price!

poohbearkrazy

Around here people don't do April Fool's day jokes after noon and from what I can see, there isn't a time zone where it's before noon. :shrug-shoulders:

ETA: and I see Wikipedia tells me that in the U.S. jokes are done all day. Glad we don't have to put up with waiting for jokes all day long!

Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. I've just been pranked once already today so I was kind of skeptacle (sp?).

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
I have heard that graco has just developed a seat that rear-faces to 40lbs!! Yes, that is 40lbs rear-facing and forward facing to 65lbs! I don't have many details, but that it has passed all the crash testing and production will start very soon. I wish I could get more details, but unfortunately I couldn't get many answers. It might hit shelves as soon as July!

Yes!! This is TRUE! Not an April Fool's joke. I have a reliable source that told me about it at our last seat check a few months ago. I didn't share because I didn't know if it was public knowledge or not. :eek:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Yes!! This is TRUE! Not an April Fool's joke. I have a reliable source that told me about it at our last seat check a few months ago. I didn't share because I didn't know if it was public knowledge or not. :eek:
Are you just in on the joke??? :whistle:

Geez, I don't know how you Americans handle the joke thing all day. I'm getting stressed out reading every thread now, wondering if it's real or not!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC