carseat tether

Karen Kite

I need info on installing tether anchors in our 1995 Honda Accord lx stationwagon. I have had the same problem as others here with the local dealer not knowing about retrofitting for tethers. I looked in the owner's manual for info and it shows the tether anchor sites BUT it is for a regular car, NOT a stationwagon. I have a generic anchor and bolt that came with the FisherPrice Safe Embrace, but I would like to buy a Husky and need to know if it comes with hardware for retrofitting and how do i find out where the points for the anchors are ? Thanks!

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Some info-

Honda's part # 82410SE3C01 is universal for most of their vehicles. If a location is available in your wagon, it will most likely use this part number. It should cost no more than $15, and under $10 from an online discount vendor.

Since your manual has no information, I would try another dealer or Honda directly ( 1-800-999-1009 ). Most likely, there are anchor points under the carpeting in the cargo area but you would need some indication of where they are. They could also be near the rear hatch, on the roof or lower sill.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I had to install tether anchors in my '99 CR-V....the parts dealer was totally clueless, but I asked them to find the instructions in their computer, and they found them and printed up them up for me in a couple minutes. They told me I'd have to pay and wait for a technician to come in specially to do it, but I took my anchors and my instructions home and had DH do it...It only took a couple minutes and was very easy.

Karen Kite

I just wanted to update you. I have been to the dealership and they ares still clueless, and I am waiting on the proper owners' manual from Honda (national) to take to the local dealership to show them where the tether should go. they do not want to check under the cargo area carpet unless they have a picture. I will let you know how it goes.

Karen Kite

Ok, I received the correct owner's manual, and it shows where the tether anchor points are. They are in the cargo area floor behind the rear seat and under the carpet. Any idea on how to find them? Do you take the whole carpet up? Do you feel for them (I can't feel them.) Do you make a hole and look around? How do they do it? And the dealership doesn't want to mess with the carpet, but someone is going to have to do it. Help!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I just felt around.

I drive a Sienna, but I just felt around until I could find the hole. Does the manual have some kind of drawing that shows exactly where the hole is? You could also try looking underneath the car--if you see the weld nut, you can stick a long needle up through the center and it should go through the carpet.

If you're still having problems with your dealership, call Honda at their national number and report them. They really shouldn't be giving you such a hard time about installing a safety feature.

U

Unregistered

I have a 98 Passport...

My tether anchor location was marked by a barely perceptible perforated X mark in the carpet in the cargo area. My dealer had no trouble locating and installing the anchor, and it cost about $25. They really should not be giving you so much trouble!
Beth

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC