Will the Marathon really accomadate a 49" kid?

N

nan

Will the Marathon really accomadate a 49" kid?

The Marathon manual says that it will accomadate a child up to 49" tall, but it just doesn't seem tall enough. I just put my 39" son in it, and his head is only a few inches from the top. Also, in order to have the straps above (rather than slightly below) his shoulders, we had to put them through the highest slot. Does anyone know anything about this?
Thanks,
nan

ADS
J

Julie

It depends on how the child is proportioned

I've seen a 49" kid fit in the seat pages.ivillage.com/momika.../id24.html and my 37" dd fits in it, rearfacing, with her shoulders AT the second slot from the bottom pages.ivillage.com/joolsplus2/. If your 39" child is basically using the top slots, it might not be the best seat for you. (oh, ps, my manual for this seat states that a child may use this seat until the tops of the ears are even with the top of the seat shell, even if their shoulders are above the top harness slots, as long as the child is not over 65 pounds, so that could add some more time to the use of the seat, for most kids)

S

safeinthecar

Re: Will the Marathon really accomadate a 49" kid?

My 51" dd's shoulders are about one inch below the top slot. The thing with all the Britax seats is that the cover is really cushy and tends to slide down making the harness slots look much lower than they actually are. try putting a ruler through the slots so you can get a good view of where the slots actually are.(don't drive with the ruler there though) You may be suprised to find your child has more room to grow than you think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC