Question Three across in Accord, with 2 RFing next to each other

KnittingTigers

Hi all! I have a 2004 Accord, and need to get three seats across.

I have 15 month old twins who are currently RFing in Britax infant seats on either side, and a 6 year old harnessed in a Radian in the middle. The twins are about to outgrow their seats. Ideally what I'd like to do is:

-DD6 outboard on the passenger side in a HBB (this would make drop off/pick SO MUCH EASIER - currently she climbs out through the front);
-Twins RFing in the center and outboard driver side in the Radian plus whatever else will fit.

I know that getting two seats to RF next to each other can be a challenge. Any suggestions on combos that you have seen work? I'm fine with buying another Radian if that will get us there, but some folks have suggested that the tops of the Radians will be too wide to be next to each other. Would greatly appreciate any help you might offer.

Thanks!

ADS

clmchrissy

Hi all! I have a 2004 Accord, and need to get three seats across.

I have 15 month old twins who are currently RFing in Britax infant seats on either side, and a 6 year old harnessed in a Radian in the middle. The twins are about to outgrow their seats. Ideally what I'd like to do is:

-DD6 outboard on the passenger side in a HBB (this would make drop off/pick SO MUCH EASIER - currently she climbs out through the front);
-Twins RFing in the center and outboard driver side in the Radian plus whatever else will fit.

I know that getting two seats to RF next to each other can be a challenge. Any suggestions on combos that you have seen work? I'm fine with buying another Radian if that will get us there, but some folks have suggested that the tops of the Radians will be too wide to be next to each other. Would greatly appreciate any help you might offer.

Thanks!

In my 06 Accord which IIRC had a similar backseat to your 04 I once had a rf Radian center, ff Radian outboard and a rf Coccoro.

You could also try something center like a MyRide rearfacing as it will puzzle with a Radian RF and allow for a little extra buckle room. I never liked the Radian rf center in my Accord (it felt like it slipped over time).

For a booster I always liked the Turbobooster and old style parkway for tight three acrosses. Since the old style Parkway is not available you could try the new Maxi Cosi booster as it is also armless (but pricey @ $250!!) The Harmony Dreamtime is recommended, I don't care for how the armrest are as they make it difficult for my son to buckle, but it is narrow.

KnittingTigers

Perfect, thank you!

For a HBB, thoughts on the Harmony Dreamtime vs. the Harmony V6? Or something else that I'm missing? I'd really like for DD to be able to buckle herself in and out.

AmbersMom

I'm kind of in a similar situation. I've got a Corolla and I am putting DD1 (5) in a Graco Affix and DD3 (coming in October) in a Chicco Keyfit 30. I'm not sure yet what I'm putting DD2 (3) in. But, have you looked at the Graco Affix for your oldest? It's a great seat and very easy for my 5 year old DD (who just started Kindergarten - we go year-round here) to buckle herself in and out of. It's pretty narrow.

clmchrissy

Perfect, thank you!

For a HBB, thoughts on the Harmony Dreamtime vs. the Harmony V6? Or something else that I'm missing? I'd really like for DD to be able to buckle herself in and out.

The Dreamtime is narrow enough and my kids do not complain. I think that it can be a little difficult buckling for a child new to buckling due to the armrest being close to the seat base (if this makes sense). DS2 uses the Dreamtime and has finally gotten the hang of it. I'm not familiar with the V6.

The regular Turbobooster works well, the Affix I believe may be a bit more boxy.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'm kind of in a similar situation. I've got a Corolla and I am putting DD1 (5) in a Graco Affix and DD3 (coming in October) in a Chicco Keyfit 30. I'm not sure yet what I'm putting DD2 (3) in. But, have you looked at the Graco Affix for your oldest? It's a great seat and very easy for my 5 year old DD (who just started Kindergarten - we go year-round here) to buckle herself in and out of. It's pretty narrow.

I would not recommend an Affix in a tight three-across. Installing seats with seatbelts, or leaving boosters unLATCHed, can increase useable space.

sunnymw

I have a 2004 Accord also. The Myride puzzles well with a Radian without head wings. Due to how they sat (Radian outboard, myride center), the head wing didn't want to play nicely when overlapping with the Myride. Hope that makes sense. I was able to fit a regular turbo or a harmony dreamtime on the other side.

KnittingTigers

Okay, one more question. We also have a Britax Frontier (the gigantic one with the side wings) that I had forgotten about. (It's in grandma's car.) It seems unlikely, but do you think there's any chance that would fit on the side with a Radian or MyRide rear-facing in the middle? I know the top is huge, but the bottom is actually not so wide...

Last edited:

clmchrissy

Okay, one more question. We also have a Britax Frontier (the gigantic one with the side wings) that I had forgotten about. (It's in grandma's car.) It seems unlikely, but do you think there's any chance that would fit on the side with a Radian or MyRide rear-facing in the middle? I know the top is huge, but the bottom is actually not so wide...

I never tried this, actually bought a Frontier 85 and never installed before trading for my Sienna. I did at one time have a FF GN outboard and RF RN center and was able to sit next to the RN just fine. So I would think you would able to install a FR85/rf RN/rf MR

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC