Car-Seat.Org 10th Anniversary September Giveaway: BubbleBum Boosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Better late than never!

Welcome to the September monthly installment of our 10th Anniversary giveaway for 2011!

Thanks to our generous sponsor, BubbleBum, Car-Seat.Org is giving away one portable, foldable, rollable BubbleBum booster seat. Sound too good to be true? Just wait, there’s more! This month only, we’re going to double the value of the giveaway and include an extra BubbleBum giveaway at no additional charge! That’s right, TWO separate BubbleBum giveaway prizes for the price of just one! Plus, if you enter now, we’ll even include free shipping in the USA! No, we’re not through yet! You also get the amazing BubbleBum app for iTunes or Android, for free, just for reading this! How’s that for amazing!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/BubbleBum-Inflatable-Car-Booster-Seat/dp/B004YCVW8E/?tag=carseatorg-20&tag=carseatorg-20"]
41lVc6V9dvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
[/ame]

No, this is not our usual enter to win contest! We’re going to make you work for it. You’ve actually got to write something. Yeah, it'll take you a few minutes, but the reward is your very own inflatable booster that fits almost anywhere! Check out our review at CarseatBlog! Okay, okay, so get your pens, er, keyboard going and give us your best effort. Our sponsor will select two winners from all the entries. The first will be the entry they judge to be the funniest. For example, “Seems a fortnight ago me mum’s dog ate me ‘ol booster and now me kid needs the BubbleBum so’s he don’t have ta ride in the back of the lorry and gets me in trouble with the bobby.” The second winning entry will be judged for the best reason why you need a BubbleBum booster and how you would use it. See previous example. If you’re clever (like me), you can qualify for both prizes with the same story! Use a real life experience. Make up an exotic lie. Hit us with your best sob story. Whatever you think will propel you to victory!

This contest will close on or around September 30th, 2011. On or around October 1st, the two winners will be selected by a representative of BubbleBum (or their designee) from those who have entered by replying to this thread. We may contact you by private message or email from Car-Seat.Org for verification.

Only one entry per account and per household, please. Only your first entry will count; additional entries will not be accepted. You must be age 18 or higher and have a shipping address in the USA for receipt of the prize. Only one prize per entry/entrant. Any disputes will be resolved solely by BubbleBum, who will make any necessary judgment of the two winners of this prize. Prizes will be shipped directly from BubbleBum or their distributor (Amazon). In the event a prize winner has not submitted valid USA shipping information within 30 days of being named the winner on this thread, Car-Seat.Org and/or BubbleBum will select a new winner. Car-Seat.Org reserves the right to modify the rules or eligibility without prior notice.

Thank you to BubbleBum for being this month’s giveaway sponsor! If you must have a [ame="http://www.amazon.com/BubbleBum-Inflatable-Car-Booster-Seat/dp/B004YCVW8E/?tag=carseatorg-20&tag=carseatorg-20"]Amazon.com: BubbleBum Inflatable Car Booster Seat: Baby[/ame] right now, check it out at Amazon.com for just $39.99!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Re: Car-Seat.Org 10th Anniversary September Giveaway

Though you may know I already own one,
And my three year old wouldn't condone one,
Count my kids and you'll see
That in fact I have three,
And I think that kid two might just pwn one.*

I am notorious for getting kids in tight spaces (and not just locking them in cupboards, either!) I like a good three across like nobody's business and found the Bubblebum fantabulously helpful in this regard!

I also happen to own an 8-passenger vehicle. If I win, I pledge to borrow some extra kids (preferably from car-seat.org members) and pack the 8 passenger Ody to capacity to show how helpful it can be in that regard! :D And, I further promise that this will not involve duct taping any of them to the roof.

Unless they really, really mouth off at me. ;) :p

*For those not familiar with "133t 5p33k", "pwn" rhymes with "own" and means "be or use in a way that is incredibly super-awesome, especially in a sense related to WINNING.+" See example on this t-shirt.

+WINNING: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg"]Songify This - Winning - a Song by Charlie Sheen - YouTube[/ame]
(Uh, I'm not sure who counts as "car-seat.org staff." Since I'm not a mod, just a "host" and "ambassador", I'm hoping I don't count. If I do count as staff, well, perhaps I have at least entertained you!)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

+WINNING: Songify This - Winning - a Song by Charlie Sheen - YouTube
(Uh, I'm not sure who counts as "car-seat.org staff." Since I'm not a mod, just a "host" and "ambassador", I'm hoping I don't count. If I do count as staff, well, perhaps I have at least entertained you!)

You are eligible! Update: After discussing with the sponsor, since all our moderators are volunteers with no conflict of interest, and because this is a contest rather than a random drawing, all "staff" except for Heather and I (who already have BubbleBums!) are eligible to enter.

Contest giveaways are great odds! We get 100-200 entries for typical "Reply to Enter" giveaways. When any kind of contest is involved, it's usually a few dozen entries at most. That's a pretty good chance if you are a little creative! I am also making the rules more clear that the same person can not win both prizes.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member

Although I own three boosters
None of them compare
The bubble bum is narrow and square
A won't struggle to buckle
L won't get furious cause A is taking forever
It will be peace in my car again

(yes i know its now square :) )

mylittlet

Senior Community Member

D needs a BubbleBum
So he's ready for friends to come
He wants playdates
with friends that need better fate

To many expired seats around
Need to provide his own seat
Thankful your gifts abound
Consider D so he can share a treat

mommyfrog

My granny's got 23 grandkids, but only one little car.
She has to pick us up sometimes, but we never drive far.
It's just if we miss the bus or get sick at school.
Or mom forgets to pick us up or something else uncool.
Grandma doesn't need a big ol' booster taking up half her back seat.
She just needs a Bubble Bum, so her car stays nice and neat.

Don't worry, she doesn't pick up all 23 at once!! But 7 of them could use the Bubble Bum when needed, and more as they grow, so it would definitely be put to good use.

And yes, I realize my kids are almost 1/3 of the grandkids. Pretty amazing considering I have 6 brothers and sisters with kids!!

Because my children won't stop growing
Up, I need this
*****in booster to complete a my 3 across.
Because my back seat is tiny and
Lame we can't get my son buckled without lots of pain
Extremely tight is the fit in the back

But the bubble bum can help let the hand scrapes heal
Uphoria is what I will feel
Marry me bubble bum, so I can always feel at peace with my children's safety!

T4K

My Bubble Bum Haiku
by T4K

bubble bum booster
colorful, compact, lightweight
scores cool points for h!

katieinqc

I officially swore off traveling until the kids are out of any and all car seats after our last trip. But I may reconsider if we had a BubbleBum. I am pretty sure it would eliminate 78.62379% of the hassle of traveling with kiddos. And carpooling. And field trips. And last-minute pickup requests. And play dates. And probably life in general.

abacus2

Bubble Bum, Bubble Bum
So portable and purply
Help this mum, help this mum
Safely visit family

With three kids still needing restraints, super portable boosters would be awesome for travel. I actually bought a new booster and had it shipped to our destination the last time we traveled by plane. It might also make it possible for me to use the middle of my back bench in my van with a forward facing child without preventing booster riders from riding outboard. The only tether anchor location in the back of my van is for the center seat.

Albagail

It was a dark and stormy night (or maybe a hot and sunny day) as I, Super-Safety Mom, struggled to pack all three Super-Precious Children as Super-Safely as possible into Evil Grandma Lady's Super-Small backseat. Two Radians and a booster sounded simple enough, but approximately two dozen configurations later, I, Super-Safety Mom, was ready to admit defeat. I stormed into Evil Grandma Lady's Super-Secret evil lair and bellowed "Evil Grandma Lady, I command you to purchase a new vehicle to accommodate your growing ranks of Super-Precious Grandchildren!". "Never!" cackled Evil Grandma Lady, and because she was Super-Frugal as well as Super-Evil, I knew she meant it. So what's a Super-Safety Mom to do? No known booster seat will fit in the Super-Small middle seat, a high-back booster is nearly impossible to buckle outboard, and Super-Safety Mom hates the idea of turning her middle Super-Precious Child forward facing to make more room, or of her oldest Super-Precious Child riding outboard in a backless booster with no side impact protection. But wait! What is this? A backless booster more narrow than any other? Able to fit in spaces previously believed to be incompatible with boosters? Possibly even (gasp!) Evil Grandma Lady's Super-Small middle seat?! Could the Bubble Bum be the answer to all Super-Safety Mom's dilemmas? If only Not-So-Super-Safety Dad wouldn't kill Super-Safety Mom for buying a thirteenth car seat for their Super-Precious Children who number only three. Winning a contest may be Super-Safety Mom's only chance! But will she win, or will she be beaten in her endeavor by some other Super-Safety Parent in equal or greater need of the fabulous Bubble Bum? To be continued...

Mostly true story, except that my mom's only Super-Frugal, not Super-Evil. :)

littleangelfire

I need one of them there Bubble Yums so my youngin' can tell everyone he's got one and make 'em green with envy. Seems they're thinkin' he's a mama's boy 'cause he sits in some foofy Britax contraption. Sometimes he rides with them and wants to show how he's the cock of the walk 'cause o' his Bubble Dum inflatable portable foldable rollable cushy purply squishy seat. Bet that'll show 'em. And he's also a'wonderin' if it would float in the cement pond across the street that his grandaddy drove the tractor into. Maybe he could use the Bubble Lump on that, too, ya think? there's no belts, course, but might be more comfy than sittin' on the motor.

I'd like to have a Bubble Bum #1 for when age appropriate friends are riding with us, and #2 because I'd never had the opportunity to see one in person and would like to see what it's like and all it's requirements so I can recommend it in the right situations.

katieinqc

I officially swore off traveling until the kids are out of any and all car seats after our last trip. But I may reconsider if we had a BubbleBum. I am pretty sure it would eliminate 78.62379% of the hassle of traveling with kiddos. And carpooling. And field trips. And last-minute pickup requests. And play dates. And probably life in general.

Baylor

I would love this!! I could always use one for traveling, and Dh's car and I know someone that needs a booster daily and would love this!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member

I sent my 8 year old to camp,
With a BubbleBum in her pack.

Everyone was unprepared,
When Zombies really did attack.

She huffed and puffed and blew it up,
All the while keeping up.

She tossed it in the car,
and buckled herself safely while riding afar!

She's safe and home to tell this story,
and thankfully there is nothing gory.

It's sad the Zombies ate the rest,
but not my girl thanks to this contest!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus

I need a Bubble Bum to complete my booster collection. I have one of each booster ever made, in every color available, stashed in every nook and cranny of my home. They're overflowing onto the furniture at this point; we can't even sit on the couch to watch TV. If I get the Bubble Bum, I can finally open my World-Famous Booster Seat Museum, and my kids can have their beds back!

canadiangie

My Canadian cutie
can't have Bubble under her booty.
The Bubble's not here,
like so much cool gear.
I sit here and wait
What will be our fate?
Would it be so much trouble?
just crash test that Bubble!
Narrow, inflatable, portable genius
It would be so nice if you came up to greet us.
Alas this is a contest I just cannot win
But I do hope my poem at least made you grin. :)

tam_shops

Bubblegum bubblebum you’re so fun
I’ve really got to get me one.

You’re small, you’re sweet you’re such a treat.
You’ll fit in just about any seat.

For three in a row, travel or carpool
You’re light, compact and oh so cool

For any child from 4 to eleven,
They must be 40-80# to keep them out of heaven.

For $39.99, you can take one home today,
Or write a great poem just to say, I’ll take one another day!

tam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC