Baby Trend LATCH LOC with 2003 Odyssey

azodyssey

I've got a newborn on the way and I'm interested in the Baby Trend LATCH LOC seat.

I've seen reports where people have problems because it's hard to get in and out of the car due to the seat release?

I've got a 2003 Odyssey EX-RES and wonder if anyone else has seen or heard of this... Thanks!

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
No Problems here-

For LATCH installation, you can't beat it. I have a 2001 Odyssey.

The release does take some pressure, but once you get used to it you won't have a problem. In fact, it's a lot easier than releasing other types of anchors once the seat is in tight.

Also:

http://www.epinions.com/content_81686269572

Babies R Us is the main retailer for this model, and they are usually pretty good about letting you try it before you buy, or return it if you have trouble.

azodyssey

I'm concerned about the ease of getting the seat in/out of the base and the weight of the actual seat without the base.

Any idea how this model compares to others in weight?

Thanks for the quick feedback!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
More-

Getting the seat into the base was no problem for me. Getting it out is also easy as far as the mechanism goes, but you must reach down between the vehicle seat and the carseat to get the release bar. This isn't hard, just different than most others.

The weight of the carrier itself is average, neither the lightest or heaviest I've used. The base is rather heavy, though, much heavier than other models because of the steel for the rigid LATCH system.

S

spikeso

Hi,

We own the Babytrend Latchloc and have been using it almost 3 weeks now, with trips almost every other day. We have ours installed in the center postion of the rear seat in a 2002 Honda Accord. So far, it has been very easy to operate the seat release lever. It is actually quite a natural motion, because I would tend to grab the top end (near the baby's head) and the bottom end (near the back of the car's seat bench) to lift the seat out. The release lever is where I would naturally reach to hold the back end of the infant car seat.

I just want to say, so far, we couldn't be happier with this seat. The installation is very easy to perform in LATCH equipped vehicles. I was also able to install it in an older 91 Honda Accord in the center rear position using lap belt, and that was a good fit as well, although the installation does take quite a bit longer.

HTH
Neal

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC