Car Seat Config in Nissan NV

agent220

I couldn't remember if I posted this question or not, but it looks like not, so I hope it's not a duplicate ;)

Hopefully getting our Nissan NVP tomorrow, S trim, so no console, and we should be able to reach the second row from the front if need be.
2 kids in backless boosters, 2 kids in HBB, 1 FF, and 1 RF.

Any ideas of where to put whom? I am thinking that the RF in the second row middle shouldn't block someone from getting to the other side, am I wrong? (I'm used to a minivan with access on both sides!) It's a 2 yo, so not a deep recline.

Expecting in a few months, so I would need to put in a baby seat in there as well, but not immediately, and I can rearrange if necessary when the time comes.

Any tips for installs? Right now we recline our Sienna seats to help with getting a good fit, but we don't have that option now.

I'm being told by other Nissan owners to give up on trying to see out the back, so it doesn't matter if I wanted to take them out; I might as well leave them in.

ADS

agent220

Just updating in case anyone else is googling.

You would think with a vehicle of this size, 3 across doesn't really matter....but here I am doing 2 3 acrosses anyway ;)

Some thoughts on this: rear facing seats are VERY annoying in this. Since you can't access the seats from both sides like a minivan, it blocks your access to the seat to the left of it unless your child can crawl under (or it's an infant seat not in yet). Since I have the base model with no center console, I put a rear facing Cosco Scenera in the middle (where there is LATCH) in the first row, and folded down the passenger seat, and my kids can just squeeze by to walk to the side.

I accidentally got a Harmony Youth instead of a Harmony Literider and do see a difference. I have a Literider on the left of the Scenera (shared seat), and the Youth on the right (individual seat). I couldn't fit the cupholder of the Scenera in it. I will probably end up using a Bubble Bum instead of the Youth to add space on long rides when I want the cupholder.

I have 2 Evenflo highbacks in the next row side by side on the 2 attached seats (one Big Kid Sport and one AMP) with a Britax Roundabout Classic FF outboard so I can easily buckle in my 4 year old. The boosters can be buckled by each kid (5.5 and 7) but there is less wiggle room for their hands than I'd like. I purposely picked these HBB for the cupholders attached, and that leaves an installed van cupholder for my daughter whose car seat has none (if she can even reach -- since the boosters have one on each side, we just might put her waterbottle on the side of her sister's booster closest to her.)

So if buying seats for this van, do pay attention to width if you want your kids closer together and do realize rear facing seats in this is a pain. I think if I were adding an infant seat, I would put it outboard and just let the kids climb in and then click it in. I don't know how I'd handle 2 convertible rear facing car seats if I wanted the seat next to it available; I'd probably have to give up use of it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I thought the LiteRider and Youth Booster are the same seat? Seat placement does matter a lot on those seats due to shape and size of seats.

agent220

Well the price was the same and I thought they were the same, but the Youth seems wider (and maybe more padded? But that might be because it's new and not smushed down yet like my others)...maybe it's just my imagination, but when I put one on top of the other, the Youth one (plain black vs our fire, pink zebra, army, etc themed ones) stuck out more. I might be making this up though. I should try swapping the 2 in the seat I have the Literider in now.

(My oldest just decided he will actually sit in the back row as long as it's not a long car ride since he usually gets car sick, so I don't have as tight a squeeze!)

agent220

Update for those googling: I installed a Diono Radian RF behind the driver's seat today with the angle adjuster and ended up putting a Graco Click Connect 35 LX base behind the passenger seat. A booster fits nicely in between them.
(Previously, I had a Scenera RF in the center seat, installed with LATCH, and a booster on the side, but I was not happy with the Scenera, and didn't feel like it was staying in well.)

Dillipop

Thank you for all the updates. If I had a reason to need a larger van than my 8 pass Sienna, I would totally want this van. It looks like a great people hauler.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC