3 Across 2008 Saturn Vue (merged thread)

U

Unregistered

Hi,
Can anyone give advice on a 3 across install 2008 Saturn Vue. I have a special needs child who is 5 years old 43lbs 44". He is in an Evenflo Triumph 65 FF now. I have a 2 year old who is 32lb 37" RF (could switch to FF) in a Britax Roundabout and a newborn coming who will use our Chico keyfit infant to start.

We think replacing the Evenflo will give us the most room as it is the biggest but we need a five point harness for him. Any advice? we are kind of desperate and I can't really sort out the advice from previous posts on the subject.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Re: 3 Across 2008 Saturn Vue

The roundabout is also wide. What's your budget? I've done 3 across in that car but it was 3 Radians and they just about fit. I'd think you might try a much narrower seat for 5 year old (Graco Tranzitions, Harmony Defender?) and then if needed also look at a narrower seat for 2 year old as well.

Clounsbur

Please help seat install advice.

When trying to install 3 across is it okay to go all the way to edge of the rear seat?

My Saturn Vue has a contour where your bottom would go and then raises up slightly. With two outboard seats I have them centered within the boundary of the seat but any three across combination would push the outboard seats out of that area and up on the contour. Is this okay?

Currently I can get my seats super tight with the seatbelt install. But, I tried a seat belt installation on my convertible seat pushed all the way to the edge of the rear seat and could get a tight enough (less than 1 inch of movement at belt path) but that left the seat leaning slightly inward. Is this okay?

Thank you so much!

Clounsbur

Thank you. I did not know about either of these seats. could you also tell me if it is okay to go all the way to the edge of the seat when installing with seatbelt? The rear seat is not level and so installing at the edge of the seat makes the car seat tip slightly in. Is that okay?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

As long as you still get a secure (and independently tight) installation and the seats aren't lifted out of contact with the vehicle seat that's ok.

You can sometimes push down more on the "up" side when installing to mitigate the tilt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC