What is a good toddler/booster seat for tall, thin 2 y.o.?

C

Cheryl

What is a good toddler/booster seat for tall, thin 2 y.o.?

Hi,
I really need help finding a combination toddler/booster seat for my son, who just turned 2. He is 36 lbs and 38 inches tall, so he is rather tall and thin. I hate to buy something that he will outgrow at 40 lbs. since he is only 4 lbs. away.

I have practically given myself an ulcer trying to research options. I only want to have to buy one more car seat so it needs to accommodate him until he is at least 65 lbs. My main criteria are a comfy headrest for when he falls asleep and that it be easy to get him in and out of since I sometimes have to get him in and out dozens of times a day! Thanks!
Cheryl

ADS
M

murphydog77

Re: What is a good toddler/booster seat for tall, thin 2 y.o

Hi Cheryl. There aren't a lot of options if you're looking for a seat that your son won't outgrow in 4 lbs. Most regular combo seats only have harnesses that go to 40 lbs. The one combo that has a harness to 50 lbs. is brand new on the market and I hesitate to recommend it since the crotch strap is so long.

You can try a combo seat like the Century NextStep. It has high top harness slots that will accommodate taller kids. It may be that your son will stop gaining weight this year--my son was 36 lbs. when he turned 2, jumped up 2 lbs. immediately thereafter and has stayed at 38 lbs. for 10 months now.

You can also use a Britax seat, since they have a couple with higher weight limits. The Super Elite/Husky has a harness to 80 lbs. The Marathon is harnessed to 65 lbs. You can see these seats at www.britaxusa.com.

Here are some web sites that may help you in your search:
www.carseatsite.com/recom..._seats.htm
(Carseat Data website closed - link broken) (you can compare top harness slot heights on the "Measurements" page)

Don't forget that whatever seat you buy should fit your vehicle well (moves less than 1" when you tug at the belt path) and your son well.

Heather

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC