Saab 9-3 carseat feedback - MyRide, TFP, Radian

Amy7707

Trying to fit a carseat RF in my car has been a challenge, so I figured I would post some of what I've found here in case anyone else has a similar car. I drive a 2006 Saab 9-3, which has a very small back seat!

I bought both a My Ride and a True Fit Premier to try out in my car The MyRide fits perfectly in the middle back - the shape of the back of the seat allows the front seats to go almost all the way back. Not reclined back, but the whole seat moved back. My 5' 11" husband was able to position the driver's seat back comfortably. And the seatbelt install is so solid. It doesn't move at all. I didn't have it checked by a tech yet, but I will soon!

The TFP was too wide to fit in between the backs of the front seats :thumbsdown:. It was preventing the back seats from being moved back. I also tried the Radian XT we have in the middle back. The had the same problem with hitting the front seats. It fit in between the seats, but was rubbing pretty tight in between the seats.

None of the seats fit in the middle with a Chicco Keyfit 30 next to it. But the MyRide will work RF behind the passenger's seat with the Keyfit behind the driver's seat. So I won't necessarily need a new car when child #2 comes along in the next couple years :)

MyRide:

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3259.jpg

True Fit Premier (c670 in Retro Geo):
IMG_3243.jpg

Radian:
IMG_3246.jpg

And here are some comparison pictures of the My Ride and the True Fit:

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

And some of the True Fit Retro Geo pattern for anyone interested:
IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Thanks! The Radian can touch and brace against the front seats, unless you have advanced airbags and your car doesn't allow it, which is possible.

Is that a bundle me on the Keyfit? Do you use it? hehe They're not allowed. They can cause the harness to not be routed properly, which is an ejection risk. They can add bulk between baby and the seat, which is an ejection risk. I doubt they're flame retardant, though I could be wrong. They're high on the Do Not Use list of things. We prefer the shower cap style covers, which don't affect the harness in any way, or just use blankets over baby.

Wendy

Amy7707

Is that a bundle me on the Keyfit?

Yeah - I just took the bundle me off after I took the pictures. I didn't realize how bad they were until recently. Especially since the marketing for them says they are fine to use.

Does the angle for the My Ride install look ok to you? The little adjuster thing was in the green, so I think it is ok. I'm going to get in touch with Murphy'sLaw and see if she can do a check for me next week.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Does the angle for the My Ride install look ok to you? The little adjuster thing was in the green, so I think it is ok. I'm going to get in touch with Murphy'sLaw and see if she can do a check for me next week.
It needs to be in the green with the child IN the seat, so check once baby is in the seat. Also, I found our MR settled in a bit over a few weeks and reclined a tad more, so just make sure check it with your child in it after a few weeks just to make sure it's still good.

Amy7707

It needs to be in the green with the child IN the seat, so check once baby is in the seat. Also, I found our MR settled in a bit over a few weeks and reclined a tad more, so just make sure check it with your child in it after a few weeks just to make sure it's still good.

Good to know - thanks! I'll check it with him in the seat and keep an eye on it once we start using the seat.

Another thing I didn't mention in my original post - the MyRide doesn't dig into the leather seat anywhere, which pleased my husband. When I had the TFP installed, it was digging into the seat to the point where DH thought it would have ripped the leather or the stitching over time.

Pixels

Is the TFP fitting differently than the TF did, or do you have the seats moved back more?

If you only need to have one seat all the way back, one thing I do in my car is to slightly angle the carseat so that it's off to one side. Install the seat properly, and then grab the head end of the seat and move it. Or, just install it crooked to begin with. I do that so my Big brother can fit in my small car. I can switch which side the carseat is on depending if he is driving or in the passenger seat, and not have to reinstall.

Amy7707

Pixels - it just fits different. I think the rebound bar makes it stick out a little bit more, which makes the fronts seats ok for me, but not for DH. I'm happy with the way the MyRide fits so I think we're just keeping that one. Thanks again for letting my try out your TF!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC