Question Harnessed Booster to Booster for Chrysler Town and Country

U

Unregistered

I have a tall 4 year old that I need a new carseat for. I would like to keep her in a 5 point harness for a little longer if possible. But since she'll be ready for a high back booster soon, I would like to buy only one seat now that can convert to a booster when we're ready. Any recommendations for an inexpensive seat that will fit well in a Chrsyler T&C?
Thanks

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi! What you're looking for is usually called a "combination seat" if that helps your searching.

What year town & country, and what seating position will it be in? Any other seats next to it to deal with? How much does she weigh and what is her seated height from bum to shoulder?

There are a lot of great seats out there so hopefully we can help narrow it down! :)

U

Unregistered

Okay, I've been doing a lot of research this morning and I'm learning a lot. It seems like the Chrylser T&C doesn't work well with many boosters in the back row. I also just realized that it only has one tether so we should only have one forward facing seat back there.
My 4 year old will have to be in the back row, and I have another child back there forward facing in an Evenflo Maestro. The maestro should probably use the LATCH and the only tether- so it'll be off centered toward the driver side. I'm thinking of putting the 4 year old in a high back booster since we don't have another tether, and it'll have to be on the passenger side. She weighs about 40 pounds and is pretty tall. (I would rather keep her harnessed for longer, but is it better to be in a harnessed seat without a top tether or to switch to a booster?) Any recommendations?

brooksfamily

I think people would be able to better assist you if you listed the stats (age, height, weight, and torso height if you know it) of all your riders and the current seats they are riding in.

aeormsby

I would not suggest a booster for a 4yo, and boosters in the 3rd row of Chrysler/dodge minivans are not a good combination, especially for smaller riders.

I agree with knowing how many kids and their ages/seats in the vehicle. I would definitely go with a non-tethered harnessed seat over a booster for a 4yo.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would not, necessarily, but might, depending on circumstances. Complete stats on everyone would be helpful. :) ideally, perhaps one of the children can rear face rather than forward facing without a tether. The lower anchors don't necessarily have to be used and seatbelt in the third row may give you more room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC