Question car seat/high back booster in Chrysler Town and Country

venessa

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please offer some advice. We just purchased a 2014 Town and Country. I'm having a dilemma with 3rd row installations of car seat/high back booster due to the lack of LATCH in outboard positions and awkward angle of the seat belts, as well as non adjustable headrests.

I formerly had my daughter harnessed in a Britax Frontier 85 in our previous vehicle. I need to have her in the third row of the Town and Country because I have other children in the second row. My problem with the Frontier is that I can't get it to install in the center position. I was wondering if it was acceptable to install it in outboard position using lbp without using the tether. She is under 65 lbs. Has anyone tried it? I am also not sure how much the non adjustable head rest would interfere in this position.

I have tried using it in booster mode in the outboard position. The problem there is that I don't have LATCH, so I am not sure if I can use this booster without anchoring and tethering it since it is so heavy. Also, when she leans forward and then back. The belt does not retract and there is a lot of slack in it.

Can anyone recommend a high back booster that will work with the Town and Country's 3rd row outboard seat belts and that will not have interference from the non adjustable headrests??

Lastly, I tried a Graco hb Turbo Booster in the 3rd row center postion (which is the only removable head rest there). It seems to work, but the only issue I was that the seat belt came around from behind the booster, routed, and then almost came back around the other end to buckle, since the space is so narrow. I am not sure if this is acceptable.

I would appreciate if someone could advise. Thanks!!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC