what is your favorite booster?

ADS

lovemybabies924

Hmmmmmm that's hard.. I think the oobr

Eta: if I didn't have latch it would be different

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

momtoo3

I love the Vivo for the headrest and belt fit but it lacks leg support although ds2 who is very leggy has not complained.

I love the fit of the Diono Monterey but am not liking the way the seat belt slips out of the shoulder belt guide. I love everything else about the seat though.

I like the PWSG. It fits ds2 well and has nice leg support. I just don't love it for some reason that I can't put my finger on.

If I had to chose it would probably be the Monterey because ds2 says it is super comfy, can use LATCH and becomes a backless booster.

I also really like the Compass B540 but it is shorter and ds2 is about to outgrow it.

Mags462

Favorite overall is the plain old Graco Turbobooster..... it just fits every child i have put in it so well.....

But i like the Moneterey for my DS for his everyday ride.... although it is wider and i worry about a not so broad shouldered child not fitting. :eek:

jenfrogmom

See, that is my problem, I hate the Diono Monterey belt guides, Now I am desperately searching to find another seat. I can't do a Vivo because ds is built like a linebacker. I will only buy something with SIP. I had the Parkway and hated it. I am not sure what to do...

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
So far, I haven't found my #1 perfect booster. The Vivo is the closest (but not the current fabric, luckily I have the Lite on now), but the seat depth IS short. DD usually puts her backpack there and uses t as a foot rest. About the fabric, it is SO STATIC-Y! DD freaks out about it.

My next love is the X-fit. It really IS perfect on paper... but I just don't feel the surge of love (lust? Lol) that I do for the Vivo. I can't put my finger on it.

VoodooChile

Oobr is dd's favorite. She's really comfy in it and, of course, wanted something with style.
She also uses a Frontier 80 as a booster, which she likes but it's so wide she often locks the seat belt when she buckles herself.
She has a Turbo in my mom's car that's great. I like that one much better than the Frontier but we're not in a position to trade.
We also have a Big Kid as a spare but it's our least favorite in terms of fit and comfort.

melniemi

I like my probooster and oobr. Dd loves both of them as well. Only complaint on the pb is that the foam got really squeaky/creaky in the cold weather? Every time she would move, it would creak. Drove me bonkers! Clek doesn't do that and she adores her monkey so all is well :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Monterey. Love and adore it, would ride in it myself if I fit lol. But, I have old style belt guides.

Maybe look in swap and see if you can get an older one? Also, make sure you let SK (er... Diono) know how you feel!

myliljunebugs

For DS it was the Monterey, and when that was outgrown the Olli

For DD, I have no clue. She is narrow through the shoulders. She has used the Monterey at it's smallest settings but it is still too wide. She uses the old style PW with her dad (and will get one that has a little while before expiration from her cousin for me when she turns 7), and it fits pretty well. No clue what I will do when those expire. :(

christineka

Cybex anyone?

Am I being too picky, should I just keep the darn Diono?

My opinion is that there aren't any great boosters being made right now, so just pick the one you can deal with and keep your eyes out for something better. I really like the vivo of all the seats in current production.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
My opinion is that there aren't any great boosters being made right now, so just pick the one you can deal with and keep your eyes out for something better. I really like the vivo of all the seats in current production.

I agree. I cannot find one I just really LOVE for my ds. I want LATCH, a good fit and no quirkiness (is that a word?). I would love the Probooster if it had LATCH and was not so darn tippy. It worked so well in dh's old vehicle but is annoying in others. The fit, however, is fantastic.

The monterey is my all time fav for my dd but ds is far more petite so the fit of the new monterey would be awesome for him. But I could not cope with the shoulder belt falling out of the belt guide all the time. That happens with his turbo and it's darn annoying.

zeo2ski

I see you have a FR85 and a ProSport on the way...why not try those as boosters? Is the booster for your DS1?

steph_s

For small new booster riders I love the pwky sg! It always fits so well and hugs them perfectly. For older kids I tend to prefer the sk monterey. It's wider, and the arm rests aren't low like the pkwy. My main complaint with the pkwy is the super low arm rests which make it hard for bigger kids or those who are thick through the thighs to buckle and get the lap belt under the arm rests.

That said, I HATE the new monterey! The belt guides are horrible and useless! Who wants to re thread the seat belt every single time? Also if your child moves even a little bit forward then sits back it gets caught up on the guides and doesn't retract properly. I have emailed them about the issue and even sent a video showing what happens and basically got a "thanks, but we suck and we aren't changing anything" response.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC