Britax Roudnabout in 2002 Subaru Impreza wagon?

S

sakae

Britax Roudnabout in 2002 Subaru Impreza wagon?

Hi. I was wondering if anybody can help. I'm looking for a convertible car seat for my 5 months old son who is growing out of his infant seat. My car is 2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport which does not have too much space in the back. I read great reviews on the Britax Roundabout but the compatibility list says 1996 model of my car did not have enough room when the seat is installed rear facing (have to have the front seat all the way to the front). I just wanted to see if anybody has tried it on a new model of this car before deciding on another car seat.

Thank you for your help.

ADS
C

Caviller

A couple comments-

I can't say for sure if it will fit well. On the other hand, the Roundabout is pretty typical for space needed while rear-facing. If the Roundabout takes up too much room, so will most other convertible models.

Whatever you do, be sure to get a good return policy especially if you buy it online. If you have trouble, make sure to find a local carseat technician for a free checkup before you return it. Please visit the "Free Carseat Inspection" link under the top banner to find one near you:)

Darren

S

Sakae

Thanks for the comments.

Thank you, Darren, for useful comments. I think I'll buy a seat at the local store, so I can return it easily if I need to. I was also able to find a carseat technician in my area. Thanks again!

U

UlrikeDG

Check your local store's return policy, too!

Burlington Coat Factor/Baby Depot, for example, has a TERRIBLE return policy. They will not give refunds for any reason, only exchange/store credit.

Toys R Us/Babies R Us, however, has an excellent reputation for their very liberal return policy (just keep your receipt). They also have a reputation for letting people try the seat in the vehicle before purchasing.

I believe Target, Kmart & Walmart generally have pretty good return policies, but you may want to ask first to be sure. They will not let you try before you buy, and frequently, the seat is tied down, so you can't even "play" with it in the store.

Boutiques will vary from store to store. Be sure to ask first if you can't try it in your vehicle before buying.

S

Sakae

Good thing you told me about this...

I didn't know about Baby Depot's return policy!! Thank you for letting me know. I almost went there. I think I will go to Toys R Us instead.

B

Bryan

What did you get?

I, too, have the same car and am planning on buying a car seat tonight. We tried the Britax in my wife's 96 Legacy Subaru, but it didn't fit in the middle so we opted for the Graco Comfort Sport and it is working just fine. However, I have the 02 Impreza as well and was going to just buy the identical Graco (which btw is hard to resize the straps when facing rear). Any help would be great. Thanks.

S

sakae

We are going shopping this weekend...

Hi. I didn't log in yesterday, so didn't know your message was up. You must have already bought a seat. Actually, I haven't been able to go shopping for our seat yet. I'm now thinking of trying Evenflo Triumph. From the review I read, resizing the straps seems relatively easy on this model. We'll see how it fits in our car. Does Graco Comfort Sport fits your car nicely?

B

Bryan

We got the Graco

Yes, we bought the Graco and put it in last night. I had the fire dept help me get the angle right with some noodles. We needed two, but it was awfully close with one. The hard part was getting the seat in there nice and tight. It took two of us.

The latch system made it very easy to install, but getting it really tight required one person to hold down the seat while the other one tightened.

It's in there real good and there is space for two other people to sit in there. You know how small those Impreza Outbacks seem...they are bigger than they appear.

So, yeah, we got the Graco Comfort Sport at Babies R Us. They have the best return policy I know. Let me know how it goes.

BTW, the straps are a little difficult to adjust in the rear facing position, but I figure we only have another 7 months of that and I only need to adjust it as she grows rather than every day so it isn't that big of a deal.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC