car seat back pack

U

Unregistered

I am looking for a travel back pack for an evenflo tribute car seat https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006PB2B3W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I have see nthe J.L childress and think its too big/bulky. I think it's worth the price but I am not gate checking, so I don't need to worry about the car seat getting tossed or dirty. I am using it on the plane. Also at my destination, I plan to use it on uber taxi rides.

I also saw the cheeky monkey and it looks good but the reviews aren't as great as the JL childress and the cost is the same or more.

Any other alternatives? If not, if the cheeky monkey worth the price?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi! I personally prefer to pull my seats through the airport. I use the Travelling Toddler; some people prefer a folding luggage cart (if they won't have a rolling carryon.)

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I do like the traveling toddler for the airport. However, it doesn't help outside of the airport, so I would still need a backpack.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
A rolling luggage cart would work anywhere. :)

I don't know of any other wear-on-the-back products other than the 2 you have mentioned. I've used the Childress one and was able to carry 2 car seats in it so it is definitely big, but you could use one and carry more than a car seat in it if you really want a backpack.

aeormsby

Are you taking a stroller? I used to strap our Uptown carseat (similar shape to the Tribute) into our Chicco umbrella stroller. It fit wonderfully and kiddo could ride in it still.

U

Unregistered

A rolling luggage cart can go anywhere, but if you have luggage already, hard to roll both. At the airport I would roll my luggage and put carseat on back. I guess I could put carseat on top of my luggage, but it wouldn't be secure. But rolling luggage and rolling a carseat doesnt like it would work.

And yes, I will be taking a stroller. Plan is to put carseat on my back and stroller on my shoulder and walk around wherever I need to go. Carseat on top of stroller is a good idea. Would look kind of odd. Not that carrying a carseat on your back looks normal.

I guess I'll try the cheeky monkey. JL Childress looks way too big. I feel like I would turn and knock someone out. Yes, I am that person.

rachelandtyke

A rolling luggage cart can go anywhere, but if you have luggage already, hard to roll both. At the airport I would roll my luggage and put carseat on back. I guess I could put carseat on top of my luggage, but it wouldn't be secure. But rolling luggage and rolling a carseat doesnt like it would work.

And yes, I will be taking a stroller. Plan is to put carseat on my back and stroller on my shoulder and walk around wherever I need to go. Carseat on top of stroller is a good idea. Would look kind of odd. Not that carrying a carseat on your back looks normal.

I guess I'll try the cheeky monkey. JL Childress looks way too big. I feel like I would turn and knock someone out. Yes, I am that person.

The JL Childress bag is big, but the carseat isn't so small, so it's bulky with or without a bag. We have the bag, and DH has worn it through the airport before, but it was the method we liked the least.

I often travel alone with my youngest, her carseat, and a rolling carry-on. It is definitely doable to have the carseat on a luggage cart and a rolling carry-on at the same time. Bonus is I can stick DD in the carseat to get through the airport.

I also agree with seeing if the carseat will sit in the seat of the stroller, that would be easiest if you are taking both anyway.

The traveling toddler is also a good idea.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC