Komfort Kruiser not safe?

U

Unregistered

I recently ordered a Komfort Kruiser. A friend told me they are not safe. She said that she had two of them and BOTH of them broke while buckling the seat belt in. She said the "styrofoam" material just snapped. HELLO?! If it breaks that easily during NORMAL use....how is it going to hold up in a crash. Are these seats actually safer than others or shoudl I return it when I receive it and get a plastic shelled booster?

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
This should not be a problem-

As a booster, the Komfort Kruiser does not provide direct restraint for a child. It raises the child and positions the seatbelt correctly, so the seatbelt can provide the primary restraint.

Bicycle helmet grade EPS foam is being used more frequently in child seats. Having an energy absorbing foam around the child's head and other areas is often considered somewhat safer than hard plastic. Of course, hard plastic is likely to be more durable, so there is a tradeoff.

In a crash, any child restraint or booster can be damaged and usually requires replacement. Again, with a booster, it may not be as significant since the seatbelt system is the primary restraint. As long as the booster is positioning the child correctly before the crash, then it has done its job. Obviously, if you find a broken part from everyday use on any child seat, you should contact the manufacturer immediately and see if a replacement is available.

You might also try to contact Jupiter and have them address your concerns directly. I have found their customer service to be very helpful in the past. Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC