Graco Nautilus Seat Belt Install

wyatt9673

My husband and I are trying to do a seat belt install of my 5.5 year old's Graco Nautilus. It is necessary to do this because he is 48 lbs and that is the limit for the latch. We have a 2009 Toyota Sienna with locking seat belts. We are not able to get a tight install. There isn't much movement side to side but we can pull the seat forward a few inches. Any ideas?

ADS

tiggercat

Have you adjusted the recline foot to the most reclined position? In my van, I find it is extremely difficult to install if I forget to do this. Also, how do your seatbelts lock?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
What if you pull the cover away, push back with your upper thighs, and then tighten everything down that way?

Wendy

mkmama

I find that I can get a much tighter install if I recline the vehicle seat back all the way, install as tightly as possible, then un-recline the vehicle's seat back. I have to do this in my 2008 Sienna when I install the Nautilus anywhere in the third row.

rxmommy

Just curious, if she's testing for front to back movement at the belt path, how is tethering coming in to play? It seems that would only stop movement at the head of the seat.

I was just coming here to post the same question - can't get it tight in a '06 Odyssey captain's chair. My seat is tethered properly but it doesn't stop the movement at the belt path.

I'm giving the Nauti to a coworker, so my question is sort of moot at the moment I guess. I'm going to put the Boulevard back in for now because that's a 30 second easy install. But she does not have long left and we both prefer the Nauti (cupholders! LOL!).

Jennifer mom to my 7

The belts lock at the retractor. It takes a bit of play, but you can get a tight install in the sienna. Between pushing down and tightening, and then pushing back and tightening a few times, I can install the nautilus well in my 05 8 passenger. Even in the third row passenger side, without reclining the vehicle seat and putting it back in place.

Sort of like how Heather installs the regent with the short belt path seat belt in her videos.

http://carseatsite.com/videos.htm#regent videos

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC