Question Radian Headwings slipping down?!

L

littleKauKau

I am trialling a radian on my 4 year old, but am encountering a problem with the headwings. I have tried 2 radians, both have the exact same problem.

In order to expose the top harness slots, which I need for my tall-ish 4 year old, I have to move the headwings all the way up.

No problem, easily done. BUT once I have moved the headwings all the way up, the headwings start to slip down (within a minute or so) about half an inch. Once slipped down, the harness straps are now under the headwings partially, which makes me very nervous about the straps pulling the headwings into the back of my son's head in a crash. It also means I can't tighten or loosen the straps any more until the headwings are pushed back to the top of their path.

Has anyone else noticed this problem with the headwings at the top of the seat? Is there a way to tighten them so the don't slip down?

ADS
U

Unregistered

Bumping this - really hope someone might have some experience with this?

Blondie87

The same thing happens with mine and I talked to Russ and he said it's completely safe and not a problem at all. That covering the straps an inch or so isn't going to make a difference.

Calideedle

I have this same problem with one of my XTs (it is the only one I have used in the top spot).

I talked to Russ (no help) and he said to tighten the screws on the back a tiny bit because they may have not been tightened enough. I have tried that ... many times. Every morning when I go out to get DS1 in the car for school I have to slide the headwings up. It is very annoying and I don't feel it is okay.

U

Unregistered

bumping - anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? I too have tightened the bolts but it hasn't helped.

Desperate to find a solution!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC