1 year old in Kiddy World Plus

creideamh

Disclaimer: she will be RFing til at least 4.

M's stats as of yesterday: 15.5 months, 21.5 lbs (so technically .5 lbs away from minimum weight limit), 31.25 inches (don't remember the minimum height required.)

She didn't hate it (and the garage is hot!), but we obviously didn't drive anywhere. The headrest was on the lowest click, and the seat padding in and folded. The shield is nice and snug against her and doesn't allow any movement out of place. Seat moves less than .5" side to side when LATCHed, super easy install. I have it on the passenger's side, so the little seatbelt button is on the outside (no reaching across to unbuckle the shield.) I thought I read here the shield has to be at armpit level, but I didn't see anything in the manual about that. Pics attached of SIP, how the shield is so close to her torso, and how it sits on her legs (no wiggling out, no way.)

T hasn't gotten to try it yet. The seat is for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Eta- the shield looks loose on the sides in the pic, but it isn't IRL. It's very snug and secure.

Attachments

• image-3033495532.jpg
    image-3033495532.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 162
  • image-2220559636.jpg
    image-2220559636.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 172
  • image-248846018.jpg
    image-248846018.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 171
  • image-3571724619.jpg
    image-3571724619.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 167
  • image-1353181768.jpg
    image-1353181768.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 170
ADS

cmcki737

Oh my gosh so cute! I think I will have to save up for this for when my peanut two and a half year old out grows her CCO....she is 25 lbs with 2 inches so I should have enough time ;-)

creideamh

Hehe, thanks everyone :) Since it has a 10 yr expiry, I figure I'll hang onto it to use very PT in the grandparents' car in a couple years (not much works in that car... Plus, they have a hard enough time getting her in now.)

I do quite like it. I'm young enough to vividly remember riding in the shield boosters of yore, and it's just not even close to similar. I'm not going to claim to know the inner workings of the crash tests vs harnesses etc... All I know is I watched the YouTube videos (from Spain, maybe? In Spanish), and that it passed FMVSS213 + Euro tests, so I'm going to enjoy not fighting with a harness and T (who pretty much exclusively wears dresses) until there is evidence either way. She's also been in a backless booster for forever with her parents and has been arguing with me over a tight harness... It'll be a pleasant change on Monday.

scariestone

I really wish this seat weren't so pricey. It would be the perfect solution for grandparents' vehicles. MIL said she has a heck of a time with the MR buckle and all you do is push down, not in. I can't justify shelling out almost $300 though when I already have 3 seats for 1 kid. :eek: It gives me claustrophobic fits looking at that seat but your LO seems super comfy.

creideamh

Here's some pics of T, 37lb and 41-42" (I remembered wrong the other day.) She thinks it's super cool how she doesn't have a harness and loves her purple seat. It's like 90 degrees here and she hasn't complained about the heat. She also has been leaning her head against the headrest not the shield since the shield is so tight against the torso that it makes it hard to lie the head down forward. No padding and 3rd? headrest click I think.

Attachments

• image-793524778.jpg
    image-793524778.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2767635511.jpg
    image-2767635511.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image-4269364010.jpg
    image-4269364010.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 65

java

can someone educate me on this seat? Is it somehow ok instead of a harness? Or is it in place of a booster? I have never seen one and reminds me a lot of oth shields.

Baylor

java said:
can someone educate me on this seat? Is it somehow ok instead of a harness? Or is it in place of a booster? I have never seen one and reminds me a lot of oth shields.

This is in place of harness. I know it's hard to wrap your head around. I just have my qualms about it.

auto correct hates me

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
If possible, can you take a pic of T in booster mode? I'm trying to see if it'll be a good fit on DD. Thanks!

creideamh

java said:

It's in place of a harness, not booster. I know it looks similar to the old oth seats, but IRL it's just SO different. The shield covers more of the torso and it fits very snugly so there's no wiggle room. There are tons of threads on it :)

The booster fit is OK (minimum is 40lbs, though.) I'm still confused on how low is too low. The top of the belt hits her in the middle at the top of the pelvis, about how my seatbelt hits me. I took a pic of how the belt path curves too, which might be a problem for some kids? Sorry for the twisted belt, these were quick snaps.

Also, she fell asleep with the shield today for about 40 min, and her neck/head are too long to comfortably rest on the shield (I think... Good since I don't think it's allowed), and the way the headrest is shaped is perfect for leaning her head against. A pleasant surprise, no head slump but no resting on the shield :)

Attachments

• image-216802837.jpg
    image-216802837.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image-1346113860.jpg
    image-1346113860.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 40
  • image-1723491069.jpg
    image-1723491069.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 35
  • image-2682576386.jpg
    image-2682576386.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 30

a09

Any chance you would take a picture of it in recline mode? I just want to see how much of a difference it would make for a smaller child.

creideamh

a09 said:
Any chance you would take a picture of it in recline mode? I just want to see how much of a difference it would make for a smaller child.

I don't think it has a recline mode? The manual says it must be flush with the auto seat and to refer to the auto manual if the auto seat can be upright or reclined.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The booster fit is OK (minimum is 40lbs, though.) I'm still confused on how low is too low. The top of the belt hits her in the middle at the top of the pelvis, about how my seatbelt hits me.

That's not too low. :) It looks like a good fit, although I am terrible at judging booster fit in pics. You want the lap belt to be on the pelvis, under the parts that stick out at the top, or flat across the lap but still touching the child's hips. "Too low" is when the belt is flat across the lap but actually more like across the thighs, with a gap between the top edge of the belt and the child's pelvis. Does that make sense? IIRC, atthesouthdam took some pictures of her DD for booster fit, and the consensus was that it was too low.

creideamh

That's not too low. :) It looks like a good fit, although I am terrible at judging booster fit in pics. You want the lap belt to be on the pelvis, under the parts that stick out at the top, or flat across the lap but still touching the child's hips. "Too low" is when the belt is flat across the lap but actually more like across the thighs, with a gap between the top edge of the belt and the child's pelvis. Does that make sense? IIRC, atthesouthdam took some pictures of her DD for booster fit, and the consensus was that it was too low.

Yup! I actually meant I wasn't sure if it was a good fit because I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be lower, if that makes sense :p I thought it looked okay, though... it surprised me. I LOVE the shoulder belt guide... you have to pop it open, stick the belt through, then close it. No falling out and it glides right back into place.

a09

That stinks! It still looks like head slump wouldn't be bad on a long trip though. Maybe we will still give it a try. Thanks for looking for me!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC