Baby car seat for toyota celica

U

Unregistered

I have a 2003 Toyota Celica and can't find a rear facing car seat for a newborn. Does anybody know what would work for getting in and out of the back seat?

Thanks in advance,

New Mom

ADS

mominabigtruck

Well, I would stay away from seats that have to have the handle down like evenflo, peg perego. Depending on what your budget is a graco snugride, safeseat, chicco keyfit should all fit back there. If I'm recalling correctly it has two bucket seats and locking shoulder belts so installation shouldn't be that bad. You might need to use a rolled up towel to get a good fit between the base and the seat but it should work.

I guess I should ask too, what seats have you tried back there? Or have you just been told that nothing will fit?

U

Unregistered

We have a 2003 Toyota Celica and use the Chicco Keyfit car seat for our son. One bonus was that the handle on the Chicco can remain upright which makes a little additional room for the passenger in the front seat.

heyruthie

man, this is giving me flashback to my (even OLD at the time!) 1988 Toyota Celica, which I had when I first became a Mom.....i had a RFing Graco SR infant seat in there, and i am SO glad those days are over. i think the newer Celica body styles are WAY easier to deal with, though!

good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC