Question Hyundai Elantra Touring?

blinker

Hi! Does anyone have tips for a good RF seat to use in a Hyundai Elantra Touring? This is the hatchback model, not the same as the regular Elantra sedan.

I had been planning to use a Radian 65SL that is currently installed in our 2007 Subaru Forester, but we had a minor fender bender on the way home from the dealer, so we're probably replacing that seat. The Radian was a bad fit for the Forester, so RF recs for the Forester would be handy too (my daughter is 1 and a little under 20 lbs). Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Welcome to car-seat.org! Sorry the forum has been crazy with the upgrades and all. I don't have specific recommendations for your vehicle, so I'm bumping this up in hopes someone else does. :)

java

Other than the hatchback, what is the big difference? We have a 2005 elantra gt...just a sedan. The seats I have gotten in there successfully:

evenflo symphony
evenflo tribute
radian xtsl
Britax RA55
and 2 different infant seats

If your backseats are like mine and kind of slant towards the back of the car, then the radian actually installs very well in that car. And now with an angle adjuster, I'm sure it will fit really good! I have an angle adjuster in the mail and anxiously check for it every day lol.

The britax new generation seats are AWESOME in our car. Since it is a smaller backseat, they fit great front to back.

The symphony is very wide, but also fit great rfing because it is small front to back.

I cannot comfortably get a graco myride or a true fit in the car. They fit, but the front seats have to be pretty far up.

And of those seats (minus the radian) would probably do great in a forester too. As far as I understand, foresters aren't the roomiest for carseats. But if you had a radian back there, who knows. Before you replace that seat, I would try it in the elantra just so you can get an idea on how it fits.

I have pics of all of those seats in our car, so let me know if that would help and I will post them.

gsdguenter

I have a regular Elantra (2010) so not sure how different they are, but I have fit the following seats in very easily:

RNXT/SL
MT
MR65
TF/P

They are all rfing. I have also successfully installed the RNXT ff. But, never tried any of the others ff. IME it's a really car seat friendly car, specifically the newer models.

U

Unregistered

Hello! I was just wondering if you were able to find a good RF car seat for your touring. We just purchased a 2012 and we are getting ready to move our baby into a convertible car seat and I'm struggling to figure out which one would fit.

Any tips would be helpful!

WonderingMama

We have an Elantra Touring with 3 across. Our current configuration is a Cosco Highback Booster behind the driver, a Baby Trend Flex-Loc 30# in the center and a RF Scenera behind on the passenger side. These are all seatbelt installations.

The Scenera does limit how far back the passenger seat can go but my husband and I are both nearly 6 feet tall and feel like we have plenty of leg space.

We will soon be switching these all around ( so expect a post for help in a bit) as the baby is nearly too tall for the Flex-Loc and the Scenera might be getting flipped around because of my 2yo's weight.

K

kbrucemiller

Can anyone give me a list of car seats they used to fit 3 in the elantra touring? A photo would be very helpful as well! I have two carseats in right now, and there's such a narrow opening left, I can't see fitting a third, but I really need to! I will be fitting a two year old a 3.5 year old and an infant. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

SnoGurl

Can anyone give me a list of car seats they used to fit 3 in the elantra touring? A photo would be very helpful as well! I have two carseats in right now, and there's such a narrow opening left, I can't see fitting a third, but I really need to! I will be fitting a two year old a 3.5 year old and an infant. Thank you!

Hi and welcome! It would seem that this thread is pretty old. I definitely encourage you to start your own thread with the year of your car, the names of the two car seats you have now, plus the heights and weights of your children. Perhaps budget for new seats as well. You'll hopefully get more traffic on your own thread.

U

Unregistered

I have an Elantra Touring. I only have 2 car seats installed currently, but with one outboard and one in the center there is still plenty of room in the other outboard seat for a full-sized adult--I believe another car seat could fit there. We have a KeyFit 30 with the base installed behind the passenger seat, using the lap and shoulder belt. In the middle seat we have a Diono Radian RXT, currently forward facing but previously rear facing using the angle adjuster. You probably know this, but you might get a better fit if you use the seat belt instead of LATCH--you can position the seats slightly towards the doors that way, instead of having them dead-center.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC