Which lightweight stroller?? Combi, Mac or Aria?

kbeard

Which Combi?? ST or DX? Maclereon or Peg Perago Aria?
Are last years models okay?

Please help with this decision for best lightweight after the Graco travel system? DS is 7 months old, 18 lbs. DH and I are not tall (5'7" and 5'2") I am confused by all of the choices. I want it to recline and have some storage room, but lightweight is a top feature too, so I am realistic on storage space!
Thanks!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I have a Combi which isn't my favorite...kind of hard to steer and fold, and my 1 yo looks kind of crammed in there (I loved it when she was much younger...). A maclaren quest is a great stroller, older year models are ok. It can be 'tippy' when you have a kid who gets out of it to walk and you have bags hanging off the back. I'm digging my new 2007 Aria (the older ones aren't so hot), and I'm a confirmed maclaren lover, so that's saying a lot (I just wanted a big roomy reclining seat and snack tray and huge canopy, but it only weighs 12 pounds). Any better baby stores around you so you can go give them all a push and see which you love? You might just want to go with a lighter maclaren as a 'trunk stroller', a Triumph, maybe, that folds down to nothing and has a carry strap, and then use the Graco for full days out?

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Maclaren hands down...I've had an Aria (hated it) and haven't even wasted my money on combi's because I hate them in the store.

I vote maclaren all the way...maybe I'm just a tad biased since I've owned, um, lessee...at least 7 of them now. :eek:

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maclaren hands down...I've had an Aria (hated it) and haven't even wasted my money on combi's because I hate them in the store.

I vote maclaren all the way...maybe I'm just a tad biased since I've owned, um, lessee...at least 7 of them now. :eek:

oooh, mel, you HAVE to try the new Aria OH...it should have a different name, it's so different from the old hunk a junk Aria :p

I do love a good mac, though... if it had a snack tray and a huge hood, I'd have bought one :D

ktmo

We have the Maclaren Volo and love it. It is great. DD does not nap in the stroller, so we didn't need the recline. It is so easy to fold and very light. It has pretty high/tall handles. It is great.

Katie

RubysGirl

I can't help you with those, but I have a Chicco tuscany, and it's more than enough for us.. inexpensive but beats your departmentstore stroller hands down any day. I don't think it's as light as the ones you listed, but it's plenty convenient for me.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
oooh, mel, you HAVE to try the new Aria OH...it should have a different name, it's so different from the old hunk a junk Aria :p

I do love a good mac, though... if it had a snack tray and a huge hood, I'd have bought one :D

Yes, but see, the problem therein lies in the fact that if I try it and like it I will covet one until I manage to get my grubby little paws on one...and as if I *need* one...LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC