MTV's Show Teen Mom (rant)

auntt

I was watching this show the other day and it made me absolutely crazy!!!! One of the moms had her infant in the backseat in her carrier...wearing a coat and only buckled with the chest clip!!!! And another time she had the chest clip buckled and the babies arms were above the straps. How could someone not say something??? Those producers should be held accountable if Heaven Forbid something were to happen to that baby.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest

ADS

mydogteaser

That show irritates me in many ways, but the car seat use is awful. Babies in buckets that they have long outgrown, straps loose, and the worst was the one you mentioned with the baby buckled in with just the chest clip and while wearing a puffy coat. MTV had a new show on this week called Baby High. It's a high school for teen moms and the moms and babies/toddlers ride the bus to and from school. The voiceover was saying that the school provides the seats and some nonsense about safety. I can't remember exactly what they said. Anyway, one of the babies was 8 months old and in a FFing Scenera. She rode that way on the bus and in a friend's car. Glad to see that the school is so up on car seat safety. :mad:

raider23

I agree. I saw both shows, and it sickens me. On Baby High, the car seats looked expired to me (well the chest clips).

Maci seems to strap her son in well with the chest clip and nice and tight, but her 1- 1 1/2 year old is in a Nautilus :(

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I was watching this show the other day and it made me absolutely crazy!!!! One of the moms had her infant in the backseat in her carrier...wearing a coat and only buckled with the chest clip!!!! And another time she had the chest clip buckled and the babies arms were above the straps. How could someone not say something??? Those producers should be held accountable if Heaven Forbid something were to happen to that baby.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest

In reality TV the camera persons, producers ect do not get "involved" because they are just documenting. If they say anything they can be fired for interacting, so much for social responsibility. If I remember correctly a camera man on Survior was fired for helping the guy in season 2 that fell into the fire.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I don't watch the show, but I disagree that the producers should be responsible unless they put the children in the seats.

Pingbns

These are children raising children, judgement is the last part to devlop in the brain ,does not happen to about 21-23 They are putting their own babies at risk, as adults shouln't they at least refer them to a CPST?

L

LuciaBella

There was a new episode, Lizzie that just came out here in South Africa. She "tried" to breastfeed for a week and decided it "hurt too much" so they switched to formula. They are my favourite couple since they seem to actually be in love, but it bugged me since they decided to BF from the beginning, then she quit. Now they are spending so much money on formula. She also quit school to be home with her baby. grrrrrr these teenagers drive me crazy!

scariestone

Maci seems to strap her son in well with the chest clip and nice and tight, but her 1- 1 1/2 year old is in a Nautilus :(

The shot I saw of him, he was in what looked like an alpha omega or maybe a CA. :scratcheshead: Maci seems to be the only one that has a brain in her head though. Too bad she got knocked up by such a hosebag.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
These are children raising children, judgement is the last part to devlop in the brain ,does not happen to about 21-23 They are putting their own babies at risk, as adults shouln't they at least refer them to a CPST?

The people running the show are not responsible for the safety of the teens or their children. They are paid observers, not guardians; they are in no way acting in parentis loco for these kids. If the teens are still underage (many of them are now 18, I believe), their parents are the ones that have that responsibility.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Amber does that, with the straps twisted, and I once saw the seat looked half installed. *wince*

momma2kda

Also I thought i heard somewhere that most of the camera men are single guys. What single male is going to know about car seats?

momma2kda

Amber does that, with the straps twisted, and I once saw the seat looked half installed. *wince*

Im going to admit I am a young mother. But the thought of JUST buckling the chest clip in the car scare the living poop out of me!! I hate other cars on the road because I have the fear someone is going to hit me. People around here are either drunk or stoned and driving.

wavegal

Amber and Farah are both the worst carseat wise! I agree Maci is the best, now only if she ERF....

Farah was the one who had her DD in the scenera with the chest clip at belly level and loose straps this past episode:thumbsdown:

brightredmtn

In reality TV the camera persons, producers ect do not get "involved" because they are just documenting. If they say anything they can be fired for interacting, so much for social responsibility. If I remember correctly a camera man on Survior was fired for helping the guy in season 2 that fell into the fire.

This is far from the truth. Reality tv stars are given direction just like any actor, maybe even more since there usually isn't a script (but there most definitely is a predtermined plot.) Reality tv isn't any more real than anything scripted. Example, the reason why Speidi wasn't on the last 1/2 of the Hills.

Anyway though, no the production companies should not be held responsible for any injuries that happen to the cast unless it is because of the shows negligence.

momma2kda

Amber and Farah are both the worst carseat wise! I agree Maci is the best, now only if she ERF....

Farah was the one who had her DD in the scenera with the chest clip at belly level and loose straps this past episode:thumbsdown:

I really hate to put it this was but at least she had the crotch buckles done. that gives that baby a little more hope in case something bad happens. (which i really pray not for them all!!!!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC